Koodo Community
Question

International roaming

• 27 June 2019
  • 5 replies

Hello, my teenage daughter is heading to Iceland for a week. This is first out of Canada trip for us and am not wanting to get a huge bill from her phone. If I dont add the Intl voice or data on or get east roam add on does this mean that her phone will not work and she will only be able to use apps on wifi ?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
In that case, just take out the sim and use the phone on wifi. That is the surest way to make sure there are 0 roaming charges.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If she/you take a SIM card out from her phone, then there won’t be any extra roaming charges.
And she will only be able to use app on wifi to contact you and/or friends. But It’s only when she could access to wifi.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You should be able to leave the sim card in too. If neither easy roam, international voice roaming or international data roaming are active on the line, the phone will be unable to connect to any network outside of Canada and the US.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you ever need data in Iceland I suggest taking the local SIM card there
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
https://prepaid-data-sim-card.fandom.com/wiki/Iceland

Theres all the info you need potentially if you are willing to let her get a local prepaid sim. 1gb is the equivalent of 17-20 CAD. 5gb 27-30 cad.