Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Incorrect Billing and Account Closure

I have the $50 plan under which the Canada wide calling is FREE for 500 mins. Also, I had activated a free add on for 1000 FREE mins to India, but each call has been charged and I've been billed $257... this is RIDICULOUS! I want to CANCEL my plan IMMEDIATELY. The customer care number is USELESS... insane waiting times and no option to CANCEL ONLINE!!! Contact me ASAP! #HateKoodo

7 replies

Badge +4
Your monthly plan includes 500 Canada-wide anytime minutes and unlimited Canada-wide calling from 5 pm to 8 am, Monday through Thursday, and 5 pm Friday to 8 am Monday. Calls made outside of those hours are chargeable and minutes are deducted from the 500 anytime minute allotment. If you use up all of the anytime minutes in your monthly plan, additional calls you make from within Canada to anywhere in Canada will be charged at a standard rate of $0.50 per minute. Have used up the 500 anytime minutes? How often do you call India? Is there any chance you could have gone over the 1, 000 free minutes? Koodo is geared primarily toward self serve, however certain situations, such as a cancellation, require that you call in to speak with a representative. Best to call during early morning hours when call centre phone lines are least congested. Official Koodo reps frequent this forum from time to time and may be able to provide you with an explanation regarding the charges.
Completely disagree with the reply and please pass my query to the Koodo Technical team. Am not interested in WASTING TIME IN COMMUNITY EXCHANGES!!! While purchasing the plan, I was clearly informed by the representative that 500 minutes are free ANYTIME and ANYWHERE in Canada!!! I think the teams should get the facts right rather than harassing the customers with such stupid post bills! Also, there is no way I exceeded 1000 mins to India. Not even 500! I will pay $50 towards the monthly plan and want to get my service cancelled! There is no way I am paying even a PENNY more than this.
Badge +4
Aadil Shaikh wrote:

Completely disagree with the reply and please pass my query to the Koodo Technical team. Am not i...

If I'm not mistaken, you were emailed a contract agreement. Does the agreement state that you are entitled to 500 free anytime minutes? If so, then I stand corrected. I've asked to have this looked into. Stay tuned.
Aadil Shaikh wrote:

Completely disagree with the reply and please pass my query to the Koodo Technical team. Am not i...

The information given at the Retail shop at Koodo is COMPLETELY different. The sales representatives never mention or talk about this limitation. You cant expect a customer to keep track of this. This is misleading the customer with INCORRECT SALES GIMMICS!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Aadil, you haven't exceeded 1,000 minute threshold to India. You have 500 anytime minutes included in your plan. You did exceed that and there are overage charges for each additional minute past the 500 outside the free periods like evening and weekend. 

On page 1 of your invoice you will see a summary of the charges and the following description for usage:

We can certainly cancel your line, however it does require a call to one of our reps. They will initiate the process and send you your last bill.
The information given at the Retail shop at Koodo is COMPLETELY different. The sales representatives never mention or talk about this limitation. You cant expect a customer to keep track of this. This is misleading the customer with INCORRECT SALES GIMMICS!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Aadil Shaikh wrote:

The information given at the Retail shop at Koodo is COMPLETELY different. The sales representati...

I would definitely go back to Best Buy, where you activated and hold the rep responsible if that is indeed what happened. You should talk the sales manager as well see what they will do.