Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Incoming SMS while roaming

There had been so many confusion regarding this. Last year I got a text message that as of August 28, incoming SMS while roaming will be free, well only Telus and Koodo charge anyway, all the other Canadian providers have this as free. Koodo on their website has some plans for this, but only mentions US. Whatever happened to this? I called up customer service and they have no clue at all

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The August email only covered the US. $5 for the first outgoing text, the next 99 free, incoming all free, what a bargain... Here's the screen capture for the Mexico plan. Look at the red line. Incoming is free. Someone from Koodo should clarify if incoming texts while using the Pay-per-use roaming is free (I don't currently have access to that plan).

Userlevel 6
BobTheElectrician wrote:

The August email only covered the US. $5 for the first outgoing text, the next 99 free, incoming ...

Hi there, you posted information about an add-on, which indeed includes free incoming text message. This, however, doesn't mean that it applies to pay-per-use as well! Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

The August email only covered the US. $5 for the first outgoing text, the next 99 free, incoming ...

Glad it's clarified. OP was talking about plans in 2nd paragraph.
Userlevel 6
Hi there, incoming text messages are free while travelling in the US (Hawaii & Alaska including). Text messages sent and received while roaming in other countries will be charged $0.60 per event: http://koo.do/Im7Mcg 🙂 Thank you! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Yannick wrote:

Hi there, incoming text messages are free while travelling in the US (Hawaii & Alaska including)....

Hi Yannick. I clicked your link and notice it actually says incoming texts are free while roaming internationally, inside the US and outside of the US as well. Look under "International Pay-Per-Use Roaming": http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/travelling

Can you confirm? Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Yannick wrote:

Hi there, incoming text messages are free while travelling in the US (Hawaii & Alaska including)....

Starmak, remember to look at the dates of threads. This information was current as of 12 months ago, which is how old this thread is. Things have changed since and I can confirm for you that receiving texts while roaming is free anywhere you are. It wasn't a year ago, it is now 🙂 Enjoy
Userlevel 7
Yannick wrote:

Remember to look at the dates of threads 🙂 The information and this thread was from 12 months ago. Things have changed since then and I can confirm that recieving texts while roaming in now free. It wasn't a year ago but Koodo has changed since then 🙂 Enjoy
Yannick wrote:

Yeah, fair enough! Just wanted to check in case. I'm going to Costa Rica for a month and didn't want to come back facing $20 in text charges. Easier to check in advance than argue after the fact. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Yannick wrote:

No problem! I thought my first comment didnt go theough so I typed it out again haha, my bad. Enjoy Costa Rica, it's going to be beautiful.
Yannick wrote:

Thanks!!! It's gonna be HOT 🙂
As the below states...$5 for 100 text SENT while in the US and unlimited RECV while in the US. Standard Rates Picture Messages 50¢/pic Extra Minute Rate 50¢/min Canada to U.S. LD Rate 50¢/min Pay-Per-Use Call Forwarding 50¢/min U.S. Roaming Text Messages (Outgoing) $5/100 text (Free Incoming) U.S. Roaming Minutes $1.50/min U.S. Roaming Data $5/20MB Directory Assistance (411) $2.50/call plus airtime See all international rates