Koodo Community

Community

'In-your-face': Freedom Mobile takes on Big Three with 10 GB data package for $50

Userlevel 3
Maybe Koodo can do the same. Or at least have Canada wide pricing with the Canada wide plans http://business.financialpost.com/tel...

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Their coverage can't compete however. If you're in one of their zones then Mazel Tov. Otherwise meh.
Userlevel 6
Yep. Too bad their network still sucks. Oh yes, and that data is only available on their spotty home network.
Userlevel 6
Chad Burr wrote:

Their coverage can't compete however. If you're in one of their zones then Mazel Tov. Otherwise meh.

I have a few friends on Freedom. It’s still mostly meh. If you are on their LTE network and you even fart in the wrong direction....3G it is!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If they have plans 5$ for 1GB, 10 for 2GB, +10$ for  add-on talk, I might consider it.

They know 95-98% people will never use over 4-6GB/months, especially on an incomplete LTE and 3G network.

Userlevel 6
The closest city from me that has Freedom mobile coverage is 3.5 hours away and it is not even 100% coverage in that city. They have one of the worst customer satisfaction. In my opinion, they are not worthed and they are years behind.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you actually read the article and not just the headline : The Big Three boast larger networks (Bell and Telus share a network) that allow subscribers to roam free nationwide, whereas Freedom charges customers for roaming outside its coverage zone in major cities in Ontario, B.C. and Alberta. PCMag’s latest comparison of wireless carriers’ speed and reliability found Freedom lagged. “We expect iPhone’s impact on Shaw’s wireless growth to be quite gradual, since only the expensive iPhone 8/8+ and X are compatible with Freedom’s LTE network,” Barclays analyst Phillip Huang wrote in a note Tuesday. Barclays doesn’t expect Shaw and Rogers to sign a network-sharing agreement in the foreseeable future, Huang writes, so there could be near-term downside risk as Shaw spends heavily to build its own network. Don't expect a major push to match what is, for now, still essentially a local carrier.
Userlevel 1
Perfect case of uninformed person simply attracted by the low price,
People when the price is too good to be true there is always a CATCH