Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Im already in mexico. Help

Im staying in mexico longer than planned. i need to add the text or data add on. can i do it from mexico;

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You cannot text koodo so they add the add-on required
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Log into self-serve, click the minuscule "contact us" tab at the bottom of the page, and choose email. Click through the qualifying screens and send them an email explaining your situation. Of course response won't be instantaneous. I posted your problem as an idea above: these things should also be available on the web via self-serve. Extra bucks for them would be as close as the nearest WiFi hotspot.
Userlevel 7
Am I missing something? is there some reason he can't just add it again in self serve? Over his phone on wifi while he's there?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Am I missing something? is there some reason he can't just add it again in self serve? Over his ...

The only add-on's available on web-based self-serve are 3 US texting items, not the full gamut. That's why I posted a separate "idea" so maybe it will catch the mothership's attention. Log into your own self-serve and see... I was disappointed as well!
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Am I missing something? is there some reason he can't just add it again in self serve? Over his ...

Okay so, that's true however both items CAN be text added.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Other posters see ALL the relevant add-ons on their self-serve screen, but I do not, only US text & data options. It's possible that since I am currently in the US for a few months that my international roaming options are by default limited as a precaution. Same situation may hold true for the original poster as well. Apparently your self-serve home screen can change according to what plan you have in effect. Also saw this in a case where someone travelled to Belgium and could not order international roaming from there until Koodo unlocked it on his self-serve screen.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Actually the other options do not show up on my self serve. Just the USA. But I'm not always on time with my bill so that might have something to do with it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

It works on my self serve. Even though I have no intention to go to Mexico or the Caribbean
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo clearly says purchase before you pack your bags in the first paragraph. Seems to suggest you have to purchase these BEFORE leaving. I'm not sure if texting the order from outside Canada works or not, and neither does Robert above. Might we worth a try, but I'm not going to gurantee anyone's Mexican cell bill!!! My fondest hope is that it DOES work but I've learned to assume nothing with cell companies and to take things very literally.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
To the original poster: have you tried texting to Koodo? Did it work?
Userlevel 6
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Texting koodo should work. It's like calling 611. You can do that from anywhere in the world.
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Except 611 isn't always "open" to provide advice. We tried adding the Mexico texting option by texting. Response was to call 611. But it wasn't open. And we had to get on the plane!
Userlevel 7
BobTheElectrician wrote:

Are you a prepaid customer? If so prepaid doesn't work outside of Canada and those add ons aren't available to you.