Koodo Community
Question

If i am in manitoba on a $48 plan and move to BC do i have to go to the BC rate of $88 for the plan

I am in manitoba and want to get the $48 plan with 5G of data. I am thinking about moving to BC and the same plane there is $88. If i move do i have to then go up to the $88/month plan

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Yes, you will have to change your plan when you move. If you don't change your phone number you might not be forced to switch right away, but eventually Koodo will make you.
Userlevel 6
No, the SK/MB plans are associated to your area code so if you do not change your phone number you will be fine, it is a Canada Wide plan so you can use your phone anywhere in canada for no charges. Only the Quebec plans are associated with a specific region, not the SK/MB plan.
Userlevel 7
No, the SK/MB plans are associated to your area code so if you do not change your phone number yo...No, Mathieu. Koodo is forcing those who are on such plans who shouldn't be off of them now. Regardless if he keeps the phone number the same which WAS the loophole, Koodo will make him. What I said stands
Userlevel 6
No, the SK/MB plans are associated to your area code so if you do not change your phone number yo...Oooh ok thanks for the clarification Ahmad!
No, the SK/MB plans are associated to your area code so if you do not change your phone number yo...I am on a koodo manitoba plan for the past 3years and i live in bc i had no problems i know the store says its not allowed but as long as you keep a manitoba number they wont dind out
No, the SK/MB plans are associated to your area code so if you do not change your phone number yo...Bell store in surrey is offering manitoba plans too there saying as long as you keep a manitoba number it's all good
Userlevel 5
Ahmad is right....if you change your number or address to an area other than SK/MB and PQ then we will have you change to a different plan since you are no longer eligible for these plans
Userlevel 7
Keeping the phone # will allow you to keep it. If you try to change to a BC # then it won't work.