Koodo Community

Community

Idea: Complete some ideas!

Are we shouting into the void here? I look at completed ideas and there has been nothing for 5 months... Since the beginning of the summer. And even then, there is only one. The bulk of ideas were implemented 6 months or MORE ago. Is there any value or purpose to Ideas anymore? If not, shut it down. If so, implement something... a family plan, data sharing with tablet, or data only seem to be popular.

45 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo is still implementing ideas: http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/ideas/completed Two today and a whole page more 3 months 🙂 They can only implement useful ideas though 😃
Weird. When I searched it showed stuff from months ago. "They can only implement useful ideas though :D" Useful ideas to whom? Family plans, data only sims, and sharable data are very popular as ideas, but no word from Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
JerryCan wrote:

Weird. When I searched it showed stuff from months ago. "They can only implement useful ideas...

LOL, obviously to Koodo 🙂 They are a business... in it for the money 😃
Userlevel 6
JerryCan wrote:

Weird. When I searched it showed stuff from months ago. "They can only implement useful ideas...

Don't expect them to imlpement unlimited data for $5 type ideas. 🙂
JerryCan wrote:

Some of the most popular ideas are left as "under consideration" or are simply ignored though.
Userlevel 6
starbucks was one of the first get people submit ideas for them. It's been 5 years 150,000 ideas submitted with 277 completed. 0.2% of ideas. Has anyone done the calculation how koodo is doing? http://mms.businesswire.com/bwapps/mediaserver/ViewMedia?mgid=363511&vid=5&download=1
Userlevel 5
Hey Jerry, I wanted to jump in and say there are a lot of factors that go into launching an idea (i.e. how many of our customers does it benefit, how much will it cost us, does it meet our brand values, etc) that some ideas take longer than others to complete. We can’t launch all of the ideas, but we do make sure to read each and every one of them that comes through. I personally enjoy reading all of them and the discussions you guys have 🙂 It definitely keeps us on our toes and helps us understand where you guys are coming from. ~Sumaya
Userlevel 4
Here's an idea...patience. Things take time and a lot of paperwork is involved.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Not to mention that implementing ideas like shared plans would require a complete rewrite of Koodo's billing systems.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Data tablets came out over 3 years ago. Family plans have existed since the early 90s. Koodo had a placeholder for data only devices July 2011. Patience with a lagging brand only goes so far... History is full of companies that failed to see where the market was moving.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Seen another way... Do you care how hard it is to make a touch screen phone with a week worth of battery or do you care that you have a need for one?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Jerry, not all ideas fit into a company's policies... just appreciate the fact we are allowed to submit ideas at all... let's not demand they are actually executed just because they were submitted. What seems like a good idea to us might not at all fit Koodo's long term goals... That said, I'd love to see tablet plans and family sharing too, but I just don't count on it let alone demand it. That's the difference 🙂
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

I am always appreciative of companies listening to customers. In today's world, customers have an easy way to speak to each other unknown even 10 years ago. And Koodo has taken a positive step in adding an a Ideas section to their page. However, Koodo wouldn't carry anything but feature bag phones if consumers didn't make their wishes known. Do you think Koodo would have added iPhones and smartphones if no one asked? From a marketing perspective, having an ideas forum with the same very popular ideas (which are not innovative but rather "me too" ideas) sitting there for months and months (or years for data only sims... Koodo recognizes that need based on system tests from July 2011) is actually counter-productive. Saying "hey we want your ideas" then not implementing some of the most popular (regardless of how difficult it may be) is counter-intuitive. If Koodo is the brand of the younger crowd, then I submit that the a Dodge Dart (aimed at the same demo) now accepts data only SIM cards to handle things like their iPhone app to start and unlock the car. The need for Data only sims (like smartphones) is an emerging wireless need. If a Koodo can't provide, they will eventually lose customers. So yes, I do demand it. And make no apologies. It's our job as consumers to always demand more... Being happy with what you are given would result in us being stuck with horses and candles. I'm not at all unhappy with Koodo's service by the way... But I would like family plans, multi line discounts and data only sims. It's not being brand disloyal to demand more of the companies you are PAYING for a service... It's good sense.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Said another way... John Deere himself did not want to sell tractors. They didn't fit in with his vision of the company/company policies. The policies changed (based on the market need/evolution) and Deere is the largest agricultural company in the world based in large part on tractors. Steve Jobs never wanted to run an App Store. He didn't think it fit Apples business plan. People convinced him it was the way to go. How did that turn out? Koodo may not not data only sims, but it could end up being the way they retain their voice business.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

One more for you... Grocery stores lose money on milk. Consumers go to grocery stores that do not carry milk less than to ones that do. Therefore, all grocery stores carry milk. They don't want to be losing money, nor do they want to risk the foot traffic, so they design the stores that you need to walk to the back of the store past higher margin items to get to the milk. The cell business is a commodity business. For the most part, service is similar amongst all the carriers. We may have preferences, but for actual use Telus and Bell have the same towers as Koodo, and it's very easy to switch. So, like it or not, Koodo best start carrying milk.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

You keep saying that data only sim cards are in extremely high demand, and that Koodo will lose customers in droves if they don't start offering them, yet searching through the first 12 pages of the popular ideas section yields not a single thread requesting them.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Search the "not planned" graveyard.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Again, over 12 pages: suggested 3 times, received a grand total of 5 votes between the 3 threads, with none getting more than 2 votes. Hardly evidence of massive demand.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just to add to this there are ideas that have been implemented that are still marked here as under consideration so you cant fully go by what it says here. I have had a few ideas implemented & one or two of those implemented ideas still show as under consideration. Some idea's also don't fit into Koodo's buisness plan. Think about it the simple fact is that Koodo is owned by Telus & they can't offer every single thing Telus does or why would anyone go with the Telus which is slightly more pricey. Why are they more pricey, well because they do offer more features such as buisness plans, family share plans, data only plans, TV, ect. So if you want those things go over to Telus unless you really want Koodo prices to go up & for them to start offering the moon. Koodo is a discount or cost conscience brand that keeps prices low by offering more basic service for those of us that don't need all the Bells and whistles or are smart enough to get those Bells & whistles on our own working with that we're offered for the great prices we are. I like many ppl are very happy with what koodo offers us customers for the prices we pay and don't want to see anything more or the price hikes that will come along with that.
Ah... But if you are happy with what you get for what you pay, why do you have so many implemented ideas? Why have any ideas if you are happy with what you get vs pay? There is room for improvement, and we all know it. And you are probably right that as my needs change I may need to go to a different carrier. All but one of the phones on my account are BYOD, so there isn't a lot holding me to Koodo. From what I see on redflagdeals, Rogers, Bell and Telus all have plans as good or better than the 6 gig plan I am currently on for the same or less money if you speak to the retentions team. As my account grows to 5 phones soon, I may have to make a move. As Koodo's market changes and their original customers tend to move from their early 20s to their 30s, so too will their needs change for family plans (most likely having gotten married). As their disposable income also rises, tablets with data plans and etc happen too.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
JerryCan wrote:

Ah... But if you are happy with what you get for what you pay, why do you have so many implemente...

The idea's I've suggested work with what I know is Koodo's business plan & it can be used to enhance the service. Tour suggestions go against Koodo's business plan or direction & that's why they won't be even considered. You want data only plans but what's the point if you will always have your cellphone in your pocket and can set up a wifi hot spot with your phone and run the tablet off of that connection created by the phone right now with Koodo with no tethering Fee's. Plus wifi only tablet are usually $100 less than the 3g or LTE models. If you want to throw money around that you don't need to then like I said go to one of the other carriers who will gladly sell you un needed services and such, heck you want to waste your money go to Rogers they'll gladly screw you trust me I've had it done to me by them before. Also as I said above you'll always have your phone with you so no need to over pay for a iPad that takes a SIM to put into your car just use the data straight from your phone to run it. I use to install custom & competition car audio / video equipment for a living & wouldn't suggest putting a 3g OT LTE enabled tablet in a vehicle to anybody as its a huge waste of money & not as secure as it connecting to your smartphone as it couldn't be used by others who could run up your data bill. It would connect automatically as soon as you approach the vehicle and can automatically unlock your doors as it makes that connection ect.
JerryCan wrote:

Ah... But if you are happy with what you get for what you pay, why do you have so many implemente...

Paul, I'm glad you are privy to the leaders at Koodo and everything they are planning. It may surprise you to learn that I also know how to tether and also know a little about custom stereo installation, running products for a Fortune 100 company, market trends, and how business works in general. I can tell how Koodo would never consider data only plans considering their bulletin stating that they are considering them back in July 2011. I have a lot to say about your "recommendations" and how they enhance the service, but I'll leave that alone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
JerryCan wrote:

If you know and your such a big player in the world then why are you complaining about what a discount brand is doing and why are you on a discount brand if your a business man? Nothing really add's up here but I'll leave it at that 😉
JerryCan wrote:

I'm sure customers are flocking to Koodo for Moto G accessories too.
JerryCan wrote:

I'd also add that regardless of your position in life, no sense spending money on a commodity when you don't need too.