Koodo Community

Community

I would Like to See Plans similar to those In Saskatchewan In Ontario!

Userlevel 2
Hey Koodo Your supposed to be customer friendly and All Your Price Gouging folks Not in Sask/Manitoba on the 5gb Plans its $48 dollars there! Its identical Both Plans are Canada-wide and Both Have The same Data But because I Live In Ontario You Charge me $42 More dollars? Whats with that, Feels like some new Kind of Discrimination to me..

The exact Same Service Offered in 2 different locations And Literally if i go visit my family in Sask and Signup there And keep a Sask Number it works Identical to The Ontario plan Yet You Charge $42 Dollars More Please Explain how this is customer friendly? or Even Remotely Right?

Same Service Should be Same price! So either Raise there Price to $90 or Drop mine to $48 or  meet it in the Middle! both @ $60!

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I completely agree it should be the same price for service nation wide and Koodo's excuse for it is that there's more competition in Sask forcing them to lower prices there
Userlevel 2
So that means  We need to Have a Lack of compettition in Ontario and other provinces and need to make it easier for other carriers to destroy this Region based Pricing, I would Understand if the Plan actually was in anyway or Shape different or a Minor price change but its almost Double the cost... Thats Insane. and Price gouging.
Userlevel 5
I agree Adam. I also think that the competition excuses, is just that, excuses.

Personally I think Ontario pays high rates, because we subsidize the "competitiveness pricing" in the other markets.

It's the government that runs the country and regulates how business conducts itself, including pricing.
Perfect example, is the recent CRTC ruling that ended 3 year contracts, capped customer overages and capped what the big 3 could charge the little minions.
Ontario Market being what it is, I think overall KOODO is a big bang for the dollar, for me anyways, while for sure, I'd like to get 2 of those $48.00 plans.
Userlevel 2
I wish Koodo would actually Give a real Reason for this, Its the same Crap as Thunderbay pricing if you can afford to offer that price in Location 1 U can afford in location 2. Not to mention the Cell networks In Places Like Sask and Manitoba No doubt cost more to maintain with the lower populations compared to larger Provinces.. which tend to be more concentrated in areas like Say Southern ontario which You Would think would drop our prices..
Userlevel 5
AdamAlexander wrote:

I wish Koodo would actually Give a real Reason for this, Its the same Crap as Thunderbay pricing ...

Someone could argue that increased population means more towers required to support bandwidth. In Manitoba a large chunk of Koodo's coverage is part of the extended network, and in both Sask and Manitoba there are provincial carriers that offer crazy data plans for cheap. And SaskTel is also government owned so that also changes things. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see these plans available in Alberta and elsewhere, but seeing the competition in those provinces I kinda understand, even though I don't like it.
Userlevel 2
AdamAlexander wrote:

I wish Koodo would actually Give a real Reason for this, Its the same Crap as Thunderbay pricing ...

So lack of competition basically market forces failed elsewhere
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As long as the majority keeps paying the asking price, nothing will change. Unless pricing becomes regulated, but I can't see that happening any time soon.
Userlevel 2
Maybe Koodo is in need of Capital since its low on $$$$$$$$$$
Userlevel 5
Three big companies that refuses to compete IS THE PROBLEM. And another thing. Rogers hard wired my house and gave me unlimited data for $79.00 a month. Look at what Fido and others charge for cell data.
I suspect it has to do with Sasktel, who owns and operates the networking equipment which Koodo/Telus uses in SK, being a crown corporation and having affordable rates for third parties like Telus and Bell to use it's infrastructure.
Userlevel 2
Its not about competition its about cartels. In sask they have a major provider who won't play ball. Go to Ontario or BC its the big 3 unless you want winds horrid quality. So they price fix and come up with excuses
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's always what the market will bear.  Can't believe that the gas I pump into my car in Vermont is only 2/3 as good as what I pump when I am in QC.

Or that I will pay $1.20 a litre in Montreal, but less than a buck just 50 km into the hinterlands...on my way towards Vermont.

Userlevel 5
BobTheElectrician wrote:

It's always what the market will bear.  Can't believe that the gas I pump into my car in Ver...

We pay more because the frequencies and data waves we use, blows north into Canada, from the USA. Not covered in FREE TRADE agreement.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

It's always what the market will bear.  Can't believe that the gas I pump into my car in Ver...

Also explains intermittent service. The cartel only lets certain wavelengths thru at various times, when the border patrol is not watching, but these are also subject to the vagaries of the wind...
Userlevel 5
BobTheElectrician wrote:

yup and on really windy days, you notice that a lot of messages sent - are never received,
Userlevel 4
you can read online about hacks to getting these plans without being a resident of these provinces.
Userlevel 5
ya read about ruining life for what, maybe $200 in savings before you get caught?
Userlevel 4
5s wrote:

ya read about ruining life for what, maybe $200 in savings before you get caught?

really?  ruining how?  I only read the success stories 🙂

I'd never bother myself.
Userlevel 5
5s wrote:

how can someone be successful with this if they post it in the face of the telcos? I don't get it
Userlevel 4
5s wrote:

people are switching from other carriers and the ones that are switching from koodo doesn't amount to many customers, so they turn a blind eye to it.  It's a process to do it, so they figure not many people are going to bother, and they're right.