Koodo Community
Question

I want to upgrade my phone but keep my current rate plan

• 17 October 2019
  • 2 replies

I am relatively new to Koodo. I’ve been a customer for about 3 months.

I am currently on a promo BYOD plan, no Tab: $40/month - unlimited minutes, unlimited messages, 1 GB Shock-Free data.

I want to upgrade to a new phone and keep my current plan but when I log in to try & shop for a new phone it tells me my order needs to be completed in store. There is no Koodo store/kiosk near me. Is there any way to be able to do this online instead?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

BYOD = bring your own device. I don’t believe that you can keep your current plan if you wish to get a phone on tab from Koodo. Maybe a tab small if your particular plan isn’t locked out from a tab?

Are there any third party retailers near you? Such as Walmart or Best Buy?

https://www.koodomobile.com/find-nearest-store?INTCMP=KMNew_FooterLINK_Stores_Stores

The locator will also bring them up,

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am relatively new to Koodo. I’ve been a customer for about 3 months.

I am currently on a promo BYOD plan, no Tab: $40/month - unlimited minutes, unlimited messages, 1 GB Shock-Free data.

I want to upgrade to a new phone and keep my current plan but when I log in to try & shop for a new phone it tells me my order needs to be completed in store. There is no Koodo store/kiosk near me. Is there any way to be able to do this online instead?

Unfortunately you have a BYOD plan and need to change to a new plan to go on a tab there's no way around it