Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I takes 24 hours to send or receive photos via text? Is there any way to speed this up?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Actually, no it doesn't. Same as texting, maybe a few seconds longer.
Well it does on my phone? Motorolla G. I have tried to send and receive photos numerous times and it takes 24hrs to receive or send?
Userlevel 3
You're not alone, my son complains about this issue as well.
Userlevel 7
That's an abnormally long time. Perhaps try removing your SIM for a while, turning off the phone, then putting it back together and trying again. Mine go through in like 5 seconds.
Userlevel 3
That is odd Is it always 24 hours exactly ? or does the it vary? Do you every turn off your mobile data? Picture text(MMS) will only send when mobile data is enable as they cannot send through Wifi With that said as long as your data is turned on when you try and send them. You'd probably be better serviced by calling into Koodo support to see if they can help with the issue
Userlevel 3
In my son's case, it takes a varying number of hours. Unfortunately Koodo's data and signal in our home is flaky at best, with data often being unusable. I will have to ask him whether or not the problem persists outside of our immediate area.
I will visit the Koodo kiosk in the mall as I am not sure I can access the SIM. I will try sending when my data is on. I never realized pics could not send using wifi? Seems strange this...but I will try it! Thanks for the feedback people.
Userlevel 3
Data absolutely must be on to send and receive pictures. Good luck.
Just tried it and it send in minutes with the data on. This was the problem. Thanks!
Userlevel 3
Suzette Smith wrote:

Just tried it and it send in minutes with the data on. This was the problem. Thanks!

Glad the problem was able to be fixed. The reason that WiFi doesn't work for MMS is cause they are tied your or phone number so they require data. You can always download a messaging app like Whatsapp for example that would work over WiFi but they require the other person to use the app as well.