Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I phone 4. Can't receive MMS

Hi I just got an iPhone 4 today and I can't receive picture or video messages. I do have 400gb of data on my plan. Do you have any ideas on how I can get them to come through? Thanks, shannon.

17 replies

Correction, it's 400 MB of data. Sorry!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Does anything arrive when someone sends you an MMS?
No, nothing comes through at all.
Userlevel 6
Hi Shannon, is data working on your phone? Can you browse the internet and use Social Medias App (Facebook, Twitter...)? Thank you. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you don't even get a notification it's a network issue. Call tech support and have them put in a trouble ticket to the network team.
Yeah, data is working. I made sure i turned off wifi and checked... Guess ill have to call tech support. Thanks for all the responses 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is your iphone unlocked? If you send an MMS does the other person get it?
Yeah, as far as I know it's unlocked. I got it directly through Koodo. I can send picture messages without any problems.
Shannon M wrote:

Yeah, as far as I know it's unlocked. I got it directly through Koodo. I can send picture message...

By chance, did you have a CDMA phone before this iphone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Shannon M wrote:

Yeah, as far as I know it's unlocked. I got it directly through Koodo. I can send picture message...

If you got it directly through Koodo and didn't pay to have it unlocked, then it is not unlocked. Have you tried "Reset Network Settings" in the General > Reset menu? You'll have to re-enter your various WiFi passwords but that's it.
Shannon M wrote:

It worked!! Thank you 🙂
Sorry, I don't know what CDMA is.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Shannon M wrote:

Sorry, I don't know what CDMA is.

He means: "did you have a koodo phone before the iphone that did not require a sim card?"
CDMA is analog digital no Sim card req
Oh, no. My last one had a SIM card as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo is right. You gotta call tech support
Okay, thanks for all the help guys 🙂