Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I paid for international roaming whilst in USA will my daughter calling from Canada be charged for international call

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Anyone who calls you regardless of where you are, so long as they are in Canada, will only get charged as if you are still in Canada. Whatever her plan allow for daytime minutes or unlimited is all she will need like you never left.
Goran wrote:

Anyone who calls you regardless of where you are, so long as they are in Canada, will only get ch...

how about calling to person who is in Canada while I'm in abroad with international combo.   Is it going to be a local call?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Anyone who calls you regardless of where you are, so long as they are in Canada, will only get ch...

Calls placed while outside Canada will be charged the applicable roaming rate (or use the minutes from your roaming package), regardless of where you are calling to.
Goran wrote:

i.c. thanks.

how about a friend who lives in Japan with local provider, if she calls me in Japan, is it going to be a local call for her or international call?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

They would be calling a Canadian number, and would be charged accordingly.
Goran wrote:

i.c.   thank you so much.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

But she could text you, and you could call her back using your international  package minutes at no additional cost.
Goran wrote:

ah i.c.  thanks