Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I just bought a prepaid koodo phone. Is there a way to activate it with a monthly plan ?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Yes. The best way is to go to a place that supports Koodo postpaid with the phone in hand and say "I wanna activate this with a monthly plan". They'll set you up with a SIM card (postpaid). I believe they're $5 or $10, not sure. Bring 2 pieces of government ID with you for credit check. One of these is mandatory: driver's license (or equivalent provincial ID), Canadian credit card, or your SIN. The other ID needs to be passport, citizenship, permanent residency, or Indian status.
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

Yes. The best way is to go to a place that supports Koodo postpaid with the phone in hand and say...

Hi Jonathan, a postpaid SIM card is now charged $5 🙂 Thank you!
Jonathan I wrote:

Yes. The best way is to go to a place that supports Koodo postpaid with the phone in hand and say...

ONLINE I want to do on cell
Jonathan I wrote:

I have a monthly plan for my children and they had both of their phones stolen at the same time. I want to put the new prepaid phones on my plan, because I am still paying off their Koodo phone tabs. Can I do this, I was told after I waited 55 minutes that I cannot do this. How can I put the prepaids on my Koodo account?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

What kind of phones are they? Some phones don't have SIM card trays as they are prepaid only so this may have been what they were referring to.
If the phones are unlocked/locked to Koodo and have SIM trays you should be good to go though. You will have to stop by a Koodo store to get 2 new SIM cards, and then you should be good to go.
Also for next time, create a new thread instead of reviving an old one that has been answered. It keeps the forums less cluttered and will help us answer you better.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Karen, what exactly do you mean? Did you buy a prepaid phone for them? Then all you need to do is insert an activated postpaid SIM in the prepaid phone and it will work like it did before.

If you are talking about porting out to a prepaid line, that is only possible if you pay off the Tab because the postpaid line would be closed.

As Allan suggested please start a new thread if you wish to discuss this further, so the poor people who started this thread two years ago won't get email notifications of every reply 🙂