Koodo Community
Question

I have the $30 plan. Do i have to pay for incoming international calls before 5pm?

I would like to understand how the $30 per month plan works. I receive much incoming (international) calls outside of the 5pm-8am period. Can someone tell me if i would have to pay for all those incoming and if yes, what's the rate? I did stop at a Koodo agent but the girl could not explain to me. She said she wasn't sure and her manager was not there at that moment. Thanks for any help.

12 replies

Userlevel 2
Any calls that you receive before 5PM would result in your minutes being used. Once your minutes are used up, then you are charged the overage rate of $0.45/minute.
Userlevel 3
Any calls that you receive before 5PM would result in your minutes being used. Once your minutes ...Any calls received will count towards your 200 minute bucket before 5pm@Myke the overage rate is $0.50/minute.
Userlevel 2
Any calls that you receive before 5PM would result in your minutes being used. Once your minutes ...Whoops,forgot it went up by $0.05.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Shavane, What $30 plan do you have, there are so many 🙂 Is it the latest one that is Canada wide and includes unlimited calling after 5pm? Assuming that is what you have and that you are currently in Canada, it is very simple. Incoming calls before 5pm take up airtime (your minutes). Incoming calls after 5pm are included in your plan. It doesn't matter where in the world the call is from 🙂
Userlevel 4
I don't see why this is an issue to look up for the agent. Sorry if this comes across as being rude but a couple clicks and they have the info. I'm actually upset about the agent's research. It took me two clikcs and I found it. https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/plans/index.html Look for the $30 plan and if it does NOT have a black ring by unlimited incoming calls, you do not have it.
Userlevel 7
Nope, you're fine. As long as you're in Canada, any calls you receive in the daytime window just use your minute. EDIT: Took too long to type this lol I also find it a little odd that the girl couldn't answer you. If I was her manager I'd actually feel kind of disappointed. That seems like pretty basic training. Maybe she was new? I don't want to assume anything.
Userlevel 4
Nope, you're fine. As long as you're in Canada, any calls you receive in the daytime window ...New or not, there are always resources to go to when looking for plan details. It is up to that agent to locate it. I used to get calls from stores that couldn't find the info at their location. I was more than happy to give it out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nope, you're fine. As long as you're in Canada, any calls you receive in the daytime window ...Being new can be an explanation but never an excuse. I've had a number of retail jobs, and if I didn't know how to do something I'd get (or call someone) that does know and address the question. Her manager may have been away but the phone wasn't.
Userlevel 2
Nope, you're fine. As long as you're in Canada, any calls you receive in the daytime window ...The information just doesn't up and walk away though. The information is clearly there for the agent to relay to the customer.
Thanks. you guys are so helpful. Really appreciate it. I agree that she should have known but i think she was new that's why i did not mention her location. We all need second chances, right? Let's hope she does better in the future. Thanks again and yes, i am in Canada and It's the $30 Canada wide plan recently introduced. Have a great day guys!
Userlevel 6
Thanks. you guys are so helpful. Really appreciate it. I agree that she should have known but i ...You are kind to a fault Sal! 🙂 If she doesn't get your feedback though how will she learn? 🙂
I receive at times incoming calls from overseas and this is a comment not an answer to the above question - I panicked the first time my dad called from England and wondered how long I had been on the phone etc, and was relieved when I found out that his call was after 5pm here in Canada and I had no overseas charges on my bill -- how much better can you get -- my one regret is that my home location does not have good cell reception - in fact i'm lucky if i can manage to get one little bar and that's with holding the phone up and trying to find the right spot LOL