Koodo Community
Solved

I have long distance charges from in-Canada calls, on a Canada-wide plan

• 17 October 2020
  • 7 replies

As the title says. I am on a Canada-wide plan, just switched over from another plan that was also Canada-wide calling. My first bill has charges on calls made to Canadian numbers (that I wasn’t charged on my old plan).

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 17 October 2020, 17:33

As stated in my question, both plans had Canada-wide unlimited calling. 

Oh, sorry. I read your post and Robert's reply combined ( I need more coffee 😅)

I have seen some  posts mentioned there was a glitch in the system when you changed your plan from unlimited minutes to unlimited minutes. The system somehow calculated proration and charge customers.

You can contact Koodo by setting up call back, or send a message through FB. They can easily fix this issue.

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you switch from an limited minute plan to unlimited? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What is your billing cycle and when did you change your plan?

How many minutes was used before you changed your plan?   

Those info can show you overage charges because of proration.,( If you had a plan with limited minutes before)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oh, sorry. I read your post and Robert's reply combined ( I need more coffee 😅)

I have seen some  posts mentioned there was a glitch in the system when you changed your plan from unlimited minutes to unlimited minutes. The system somehow calculated proration and charge customers.

You can contact Koodo by setting up call back, or send a message through FB. They can easily fix this issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As the title says. I am on a Canada-wide plan, just switched over from another plan that was also Canada-wide calling. My first bill has charges on calls made to Canadian numbers (that I wasn’t charged on my old plan).

I don’t see the part where you say that you had unlimited minutes  in bot your plans. If both were unlimited, I’d do what Mayumi told you to do. TO set up a callback use the Koodo Assitant

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don’t see the part where you say that you had unlimited minutes  in bot your plans. If both were unlimited, I’d do what Mayumi told you to do. TO set up a callback use the Koodo Assitant

Edit:  Oh it true.  Canada-wide = no long distance call within Canada.  And unlimited minutes are 2 different things. I mix up again? 😱. But I believe she had a plan with unlimited minutes previously too

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @KB1625 ,

Sorry for this situation. You can set up a callback using Koodo Assistant or you can send us a private message from your social media account (Facebook/Twitter) and for sure we will verify what exactly happened. 

@Mayumi Actually, @Robert T is right. Canada-wide calling doesn’t mean the same thing with unlimited calling. If you remember, we used to have a rate plan with 500 minutes included, which was also Canada-wide calling. Hope this clarifies everything. :slight_smile: 

Best regards,

Helen