Koodo Community
Solved

I have a QC number and want to add a new phone (my own) for my parents in BC

• 10 January 2021
  • 9 replies

Ideally, I’d like to do this for cheaply as possible, but how could I do this?

When I add a line in Self Serve, it adds a local QC number automatically,  but I want it to work in BC.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 10 January 2021, 21:04

That’s too bad… so I guess I’d have to open a brand new account?

If any staff read this, please confirm. Thanks for your help!

Why not contact a Koodo rep by scheduling a callback through Koodo Assist or by sending them a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter? They may be able to help you out. 

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If your account has a QC address, I don’t think you can add a BC number on it

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yeah, but what’s the problem with opening a new account? 

I realize it’s not the end of the world… it would have been a bit cheaper I think on one account.  But you’re right. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Why not contact a Koodo rep by scheduling a callback through Koodo Assist or by sending them a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter? They may be able to help you out. 

What a ridiculously obvious solution that I totally overlooked! :) LOL  Thanks.. I’ll go do that!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If they’re able to help, come back here and tell us if it worked out. I’m curious to see if it’s possible to do what you want. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just an FYI, I have an account with both Manitoba and Alberta numbers on it for me and my family so it is doable.  I would just add the the lines witth plans that are the same in BC.  Then you can contact Koodo to get them to change it to a BC number.

Userlevel 7

You don’t need a new account. I ordered a line with a number from a different province just last month. If you can’t get a BC number initially, call and ask them to change it to BC after activation.