Koodo Community

Community

Question

I feel there has been a mistake on my one phone bill

I feel there has been a mistake on my one phone i switched from 30 a month to 40 to get unlimited call time and have been charged 59? There also is a data charge even though i pay for a data block?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Gillian. If you switched half way through your cycle (not on your reset date) you would have been charged on a pro rated basis. Check page 3 of your PDF bill.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sounds like you incurred proration charges. If you had 100min and had used 80 of those but then chose to switch 15days in you would only have 50min allowed for those 15 days and would be charged for 30min of overage.
Double check that the data block it actually applied to your account by viewing your add-ons via self serve.
You can also view page 3 of your ebill to get a break down of what all the charges are for.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You have 2 lines on your account Gillian. I assume you are referencing the one ending 99. There is a $0.50 charge for a call to Korea. There is a $4.99 application purchase charge (not data), which could be a number of things you may have bought. This one took place on March 21st for something called Triton Canada. You will have to contact them if you are disputing the charges. I hope this helps. 
Thanks I don't really understand how my son was able to get anything charged with a data block but I will definitely tell him he can't call korea, that is weird.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gillian Judd wrote:

Thanks I don't really understand how my son was able to get anything charged with a data block bu...

The $4.99 was a charge from the app or play store. There is an option for mobile billing in the store that will put charges for anything available in the store onto your mobile bill instead of putting in cc information or buying a.gift card.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gillian Judd wrote:

Thanks I don't really understand how my son was able to get anything charged with a data block bu...

Gillian, something odd that I'm see on your bill from March 21st. There are 3 calls to this number 1-800-316-1180. Do you recognize it? I'm pretty sure the answer is going to be 'no'. So, my next question is, as strange as it might sound, do you guys use TD Canada as your bank? That's not their number but very close. It made me think that there maybe something else going on here that might explain the $4.99 charge which appears on your bill right after these calls were made. 
Gillian Judd wrote:

That's possible that he was trying to call the bank but he told me he didn't call out of country but received one in the middle of the night and didn't charge anything and has no idea what triton is
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gillian Judd wrote:

Do you see the numbers that he tried to dial? The 800 number that is.  3 times. It's on your bill. However, it's off by one number. It's reversed. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gillian Judd wrote:

A quick search for Triton Canada brings up this: https://www.tritoncanada.ca Looks like they do background checks if that helps at all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gillian Judd wrote:

That's not it Allan. It's something else. 

http://tritonglobal.ca/do-you-have-phone-bill-charges-from-triton-global-or-fastrack/