Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I changed my plan yesterday & today all ready it is telling I have used 50percen5 of my data already ??

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Thomas, it doesn't take much to use up the smaller data packages available through watching a couple videos depending on their quality especially now on FB which automatically is set to play the best quality available by default. How much data is included in your new plan?
750 mb I believe
Or it could be gb
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you watched videos anywhere like Facebook or YouTube ect? You can go into your phones settings and under data usage you can scroll down and see what has taken data to get an idea. Downloading games can also eat up a ton of data, like all that data in one game download or even a software update.
Yes I have been listening to abit of music .. How do I get unlimited data & for how much.?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
thomas craswell wrote:

Yes I have been listening to abit of music .. How do I get unlimited data & for how much.?

Music streaming can use quite a bit. Go onto self serve and check your usage. It could be possible that the text was sent referring to the old plan and was just a glitch. As of right now Koodo doesnt offer unlimited data plans.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
thomas craswell wrote:

Expect to use about 50 MB per hour of audio streaming. So about 6 hours of data to hit 325 MB.
Plus all the other stuff you may do, plus what happens in the background wit other apps and your operating system.

If you plan to do a fair bit of music streaming, you might want a larger plan than 750 MB per month.
I'm having the same problem. And I KNOW I haven't used that much data. It's only been a couple hours since I got the $20 dollar top off and I synced my phone with my Koodo cycle to record how much data I'm using. I didn't get a text about my usage, too. The service just cut out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
jebus02134 wrote:

I'm having the same problem. And I KNOW I haven't used that much data. It's only been a couple ho...

Usage notices occur on post-paid plans with shock free data only. If you have a pre-paid plan, you won't get such notices. Please start a new thread to further discuss.
Badge +4
jebus02134 wrote:

I'm having the same problem. And I KNOW I haven't used that much data. It's only been a couple ho...

Data usage alerts occur on prepaid too. Customers are notified at 50% and 90% usage. Customers also receive notification of baseplan renewal. The message is sent well in advance of the baseplan renewal date.
jebus02134 wrote:

Yes, I do have the shock-free plan. That's why I said I got the "top off". I'm just going to call Koodo. This forum is useless in getting my data and/or money back.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
jebus02134 wrote:

We can't help you get the data back, but we can help you understand how it happened!
jebus02134 wrote:

Golly gee, mister! Really and for true???
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
jebus02134 wrote: