Koodo Community
Solved

I bought the iPhone 12 unlocked, and wish to unlock my current phone with a tab balance to pass it down to someone. Do I have to pay off my balance and bonus in order to unlock it?

• 24 October 2020
  • 2 replies

It’s okay if I have to keep paying off he Tab balance and Bonus monthly until the 2 years have reached, but I can’t pay it all off ($600) at once right now.

I can always return the iPhone just in case.

I hope to hear from you guys.  Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Goran 24 October 2020, 06:34

All phones solid December 2017 and later are unlocked by law or a free unlock must be provided. Koodo just sells them unlocked ever since. So if you have a tab ongoing, your phone is definitely unlocked. Koodo doesn't care what you do with the phone so long as you pay it off. If youre not in a rush then absolutely let the  tab get paid off over time. Put any Sim card in it you want you should be fine.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

All phones solid December 2017 and later are unlocked by law or a free unlock must be provided. Koodo just sells them unlocked ever since. So if you have a tab ongoing, your phone is definitely unlocked. Koodo doesn't care what you do with the phone so long as you pay it off. If youre not in a rush then absolutely let the  tab get paid off over time. Put any Sim card in it you want you should be fine.

Userlevel 7

All phones bought in Canada after 12/2017 should be unlocked. Even if your phone is locked, the mobile service provider who sold you the phone is obliged to unlock it for free.

If you wish to pass down a phone with an outstanding tab, you may, as long as you keep making your tab payment. If this does not address your concern, please let me know.