Koodo Community

Community

I believe Koodo should add on different international text and call, 3 or 30 day add on's. I.e Across the north/south Atlantic.

Have more international add on's rather than just the United States. The world is a big place. People love to travel and stay in contact with family with little cost and little effort. How easy would it be on them to hook them up with their own phone! For little extra on their next bill!

31 replies

Userlevel 6
Excellent idea Ben, that would definitely be very helpful for world travellers. Or possibly we could roll out European plans first as that's the most asked question here in the community.
Userlevel 4
As long as the international providers agree to it I'll give it a +1
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Don't really think it's going to happen, but I'll vote for it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
More international add-ons would be great. This will definitely reduce the need for some people to unlock their phones. +1
Thanks guys!
Userlevel 1
So why is this not under consideration? Koodo stands alone in offering no international roaming bundles. I could really use this in about a month and may be the tipping point for me to change to another carrier.
Userlevel 5
Dennis K wrote:

So why is this not under consideration? Koodo stands alone in offering no international roaming b...

Koodo may not be able to get the deals worked out with he international carriers. I do think this is a great idea but until then, just unlock your phone and sign up for prepaid service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis K wrote:

So why is this not under consideration? Koodo stands alone in offering no international roaming b...

Sometimes unlocking is harder said than done. For iPhones that is. -if it's a Telus iPhone 4S? Third party unlocking is pricey -If the customer doesnt want to update their iOS. Syncing the iPhone unlock via itunes will mandatorily update the iOS -In turn this will kill a jailbreak on the iphone
Userlevel 1
Dennis K wrote:

Koodo is an MVNO owned by Telus. The agreements already exist. My iPhone is unlocked. I want to use my koodo sim so people can reach me. A cheap phone that is unknown to colleagues is pretty useless.
Userlevel 2
Dennis K wrote:

Koodo just piggybacks on Telus' deals.....which are already in place. It would be easy for Koodo to offer this if they wanted to, it just seems that they've made a decision not to offer this for some reason. Perhaps it fits into the 'premium service' catagory, which is a massive no-no apparently...
Userlevel 1
Dennis K wrote:

It's not going to make me switch to Telus. I would consider Virgin or Fido though. Check out their roaming add ons. Both are direct competition to Koodo.
Userlevel 2
Dennis K wrote:

Yeah both of them at least offer international options, plus a bunch of other features/services you can't currently get with koodo either..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis K wrote:

Dennis is right (love saying that). Kinda useless if people do t know your prepaid international number. Or they can't call/text an international number without charges to them. Honestly cellphones are totally not made for travel
Userlevel 2
Dennis K wrote:

"Honestly cellphones are totally not made for travel" That seems to be Koodo's take on it lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis K wrote:

If BBM makes it onto all platforms maybe it can become the new universal standard and then an international number wouldnt matter and a local sim would be useful. Well for data messaging only at least. Long live Blackberry
Userlevel 6
Dennis K wrote:

A worldwide agreement between all carriers everywhere for free SMS, wherever you are. They're cheap enough to carry (text only), and would ultimately let more people communicate (and we all know more communication leads to more business!)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis K wrote:

China & India will not let that happen... Unless we let them read everything we send
Userlevel 6
Dennis K wrote:

True that. However, I don't exactly care they read my girlfriend asking me to stop for bread and milk on the way home (or the hotel room!) 😛
Userlevel 1
At least stop charging for incoming SMS. You can choose to not answer a call, but you can't block SMS. Highly unfair to charge for something out of your control.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis K wrote:

At least stop charging for incoming SMS. You can choose to not answer a call, but you can't block...

Interestingly, I have a few European prepaid SIM cards for when I travel over there, and none of them charge incoming SMS... ever. Receiving texts is free even here in Canada!
Userlevel 1
Dennis K wrote:

At least stop charging for incoming SMS. You can choose to not answer a call, but you can't block...

I used to use Rogers and Fido. Neither ever charged for incoming text anywhere. Koodo and Telus are the only carrier charging for incoming. You could wake up to a very large roaming bill if a friend decides to send you a volley of SMS while you are asleep in a time zone on the other side of the world.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis K wrote:

Ya the 400US text(incoming and out going) will be use up fast. Especially with the friends who send one work per text. Ex. Omg No way Lol 😛 Right there 1% Gone. And not any important talk neither
Userlevel 6
Dennis K wrote:

See my post here http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/stop_charging_for_incoming_sms_while_roaming_internationally to see why you are better of with unlocking your phone and going local. No canadian company can match local prices anyways.
Userlevel 1
Dennis K wrote:

Going local SIM means no one can reach you. POINTLESS.
Userlevel 6
Dennis K wrote:

Everyone can reach you. You just have to give them your local number you will be using temporarily while abroad. 🙂 Koodo already lets you text internationally as is, so it doesn't matter what number you text to.