Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I am on CAN 300 MB 300 min plan and I have been charged extra $84. I have no idea why it has happened. Can anyone please explain?

I have been charged for incoming calls. For example, I received an overseas call and Koodo has charged me $12 for that which is strange.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you been over your minutes? We can't know what's wrong with your account unless we see your bill, which we don'T have access too! You would need to call Koodo directly.Dial *611 from your cellphone or

I am counting it but my question is why i have been charged for an incoming call. I have noticed that I have been charged for incoming calls from Canadian numbers even. Could you please explain this?
Userlevel 7
Waqas Akram wrote:

I am counting it but my question is why i have been charged for an incoming call. I have noticed ...

That's because your plan doesn't include unlimited incoming calls. This explains your overages.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You have 300 minutes in your plan. Therefore you can talk 300 minutes incoming and outgoing. Unless you have the "unltd incoming" add-on!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You are always charged for total airtime when you are paying for a metered service: incoming calls count the same as outgoing calls in cellular $ervice$ and most VoIP plans. You pay for every minute you use, even if it's just a connection that tells you the number you have dialed is out of service, you reach a voice mail, wrong number or if you are put on hold waiting 6 minutes listening to customer service music. As long as you are sitting in your home zone, which can be your area code or anywhere in Canada, depending on your plan, any incoming call should cost you minutes but NOT long distance even if that caller is somewhere on the other side of the globe.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Like Robert says, you can purchase an add-on if you have a plan to fit. You still pay, but it's a flat rate and doesn't use your regular minutes: [b]Unlimited incoming calls is an add-on for $10 a month https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/add-ons/index.html $10 a month on post-paid plans _______________ If you see a reply you like, please give it a star.