Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I am an existing customer. There is currently a $5 discount offer for SPC card holders who would like to renew with Koodo.

I am an existing customer. There is currently a $5 discount offer for SPC card holders who would like to renew with Koodo. Can I avail the $5 discount?

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I believe the discount is only available if you activate a new account or upgrade.
Userlevel 6
There is a code for the offer, take note of that offer code and bring it to a Koodo Shop
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you need to upgrade or the code is all you need?
Userlevel 6
Robert wrote:

Yeah, the customer must upgrade or create a new account to get the $5 bill credit and must present the SPC offer code to a Koodo Shop
Robert wrote:

When you say upgrade, you mean to change to a costlier plan?
Robert wrote:

I just want the current bill to be knocked off $5. But for that it seems I need to change my plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

The term UPGRADE means purchase of a new device. It usually also includes opening a new account, or adding a new line. It does not include changing your plan to one of higher cost.
Userlevel 4
Robert wrote:

I am a existing customer for two years and tried to get the $8 of bring my plan from $49 6gb down to $41 6gb said i would have to go on a tab witch i just paid off in the last two months or be a new customer the $8 of is good for 24 months but what happens after the 24 months are up
Robert wrote:

The exact words of the mail are "We teamed up with Koodo so that you can get $5 off your bill every month for 12 months when you activate or renew with Koodo." It seems I can't just get $5 off of the price. Can I?
Userlevel 2
Robert wrote:

Koodo doesn't have terms so what does "renew" refer to?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

I would read that as [b]activate a new plan, or [b]renew a device. Since Koodo has no terms for service, there is nothing else to renew, i.e. it is not like a subscription of some period which you would renew at some interval. This leaves a new plan or new device being the only things to activate or renew.

So, no, I don't see the option to get a $5 discount just for being a SPC customer in addition to a Koodo customer.
Userlevel 6
Robert wrote:

You will have to renew/upgrade your existing account. You can keep your old plan as long as you meet the criteria for the specific Tab your going into. For example, if you want to get a phone on Tab Medium, you need to have at least $40/month rate plan. I have to double check but I don't think there is a set expiry date for the SPC discount. So when you're ready to upgrade you can still take that offer, just make sure to take note of the offer code.
Robert wrote:

where is the code to get the $5 off

Userlevel 4
Robert wrote:

I am on the the $49 6gb plan from Quebec and now it's on for $41 for 6gb but can't get it changed because you have to be a new customer or change your plan there is no other plan to change to there is only the 6gb of data think they should have gave it to existing customers and new customers and everyone would be happy a win win for all and where this code everyone is talking about
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Its not a plan change. You have to be a new customer or upgrade your phone with Koodo. You can keep your current plan and get a new phone on the tab with Koodo and be eligible for the discount.