Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I am a phone dummy

not very clear on how to be able to avoid extra fees if I want to use my phone for texts while travelling in us for 3 days and caribean cruise. exactly what do I need to purchase to keep to a minimum

3 replies

Userlevel 7
While you are in the US, it costs $0.60 per sent text, free to receive. You could also add the 3 day roaming option that costs $30. This gives you unlimited calling and texting and 150MB of data to use while in the US. Please note, this does not apply while you are at sea, even in the US. For your Caribbean cruise, do not use your phone to avoid very serious charges. There are no roaming add-ons for cruises, so you would be paying $7/min, $15/MB and $0.60/text. 4MB can be used in as little as a few seconds, so make sure to disable data roaming.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you don't want to use your phone, just put it in airplane mode or pop out the SIM card while you travel! Here's the info for roaming packages in the US : http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/travelling

Userlevel 6
You are not a dummy! 🙂 You are willing to ask for help for stuff that you don't know as much about. That's just plain SMART. Enjoy your trip!