Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How to pay off tab on new plan system?

Just upgraded to one of the new plans with the $360 tab. I got the HTC one M9, unfortunately I already had an accident with the phone which I am now looking to get a new phone with koodo. How do I pay off the tab? Is it the same as the old system where I can go to the koodo store and pay off the tab then upgrade? Or can I go to koodo keep the $360 tab and just buy a phone out right. Thanks for the help!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Melissa, If you want to use the tab on the new one, you will need to pay off the current tab. You should also be able to purchase the phone out right if that is what you prefer. Hope this helps!
So either way it would most likely come out to the same pice then?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Melissa wrote:

So either way it would most likely come out to the same pice then?

yes.
Userlevel 3
To purchase a new phone you need to settle your tab first. The remaining tab balance would be forwarded to your next invoice. Koodo's system is designed that it will not allow an upgrade even if you purchase the new phone at full retail price. Main reason being phones on post paid plans are cheaper and there would be a new customer agreement for the new device.
Kelvin wrote:

To purchase a new phone you need to settle your tab first. The remaining tab balance would be for...

Would that just be more work? If you can buy a device paying for the whole device on a sim only month to month, why can I not buy a device out right if I already have a current on going post paid plan?