Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How to pay my first bill? Only TD VISA Debit.

Hi there, I'd like to pay my first Koodo bill. I tried on-line but apparently my card is not accepted (TD VISA Debit). I made a trip to nearest Koodo kiosk, where my card could not be charged either. I set a pre-authorized payment but I haven't been charged yet.

18 replies

You can pay your bill using online banking from your bank's website. Use KOODO MOBILE as the payee, along your 8-digit account number.
Userlevel 5
Hey there. first things first. welcome to koodo 🙂 you will love it . how to pay the bill, if you have online banking all you need is the account number and make us a payee 🙂 hope this helps
Wow, that was extra fast! Thanks! I got it!
Userlevel 6
JackK wrote:

Wow, that was extra fast! Thanks! I got it!

Yeah, this is a pretty awesome place for getting answers to most anything about koodo.
Badge +4
Since you're already set up for pre-authorized debit/credit payment, there is no need to enter any further details or you might end up paying twice. It may take a day or so to process the pre-authorization. Call into customer service tomorrow to verify that you are set up for pre-authorized payment and whatever amount is owed has either gone through or is pending.
Userlevel 6
rikkster wrote:

Since you're already set up for pre-authorized debit/credit payment, there is no need to enter an...

Hi Rikkster, it takes a full billing cycle for the pre-authorized payments to be effective so the first payment must be made using a different method. Thanks! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

Since you're already set up for pre-authorized debit/credit payment, there is no need to enter an...

Hi Yannick, if you wouldn't mind, could you point me in the direction as to where this is written, or provide a link pertaining to this reference? Please and thanks!
Userlevel 6
rikkster wrote:

Yeah, I'd like to see that too, because it's not clear. When I set up up preauth my first bill was paid right away on it, but a friend of mine who did the same had to wait a full bill cycle. It seems that there maybe a timing thing that drives whether it ill kick in or not. Maybe how close to the bill cycle one is. Pleas explain Yannick. Thank you!
rikkster wrote:

Also the payment will never come out twice if you pay the bill before the pre auth payment is deducted nothing will be charged. They will not take a payment if nothing is owing
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

@Rudy, I had the exact same experience, first bill paid with pre-auth. @Vanessa, you may not get charged, but the system will still process the transaction and it will appear as a credit. If pre-auth was pending approval and let's say Jack decided to use online banking to pay, it takes a few days for online banking transactions to clear. If the pre-auth went through the next day, the system wouldn't see the online banking payment and would withdraw the pre-auth amount from his account. When the online banking transaction finally clears and sees that there is no amount owing, a credit is applied to Jack's Koodo account. I made no mention of someone getting charged twice. Just didn't want to see someone pay twice.
rikkster wrote:

As I said rikkster there will not be anything deducted if nothing is owing on the account. Of course it does take a few days to recieve any payment that is not made by credit card so if you wait til the last min to pay your bill and make an online or bank payment and then on the due date the pre auth payment come out then yes it would be possible although I was suggesting to make a payment before the due date. I would always recommend making a payment at least 5 days before your due date anyway to avoid late payments
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

[i]"Of course it does take a few days to recieve any payment that is not made by credit card so if you wait til the last min to pay your bill and make an online or bank payment and then on the due date the pre auth payment come out then yes it would be possible". Thank you. http://bit.ly/1h6jNDF Thinking maybe they could fill up some of that empty space with something like; "just a heads up... pre-authorized payment can take up to one billing cycle to take effect. If this is your first bill, please choose an alternate method of payment (i.e. credit card, online banking). Please note, online banking transactions can take between three to five business days to process".
Userlevel 6
rikkster wrote:

Hi there, it should actually be indicated online on Self Serve while setting up the preauthorized payments (or it used to be!). And I would not be posting the info about the full billing cycle if I was not sure about it 😉 Thank you!
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

Well Yannick, it still doesn't explain why some of us were able to use pre-auth right away, while others have to wait a full billing cycle. The fact that the full billing cycle message is buried in Self-Serve is one thing, the other is that there is no explanation that tells first time bill payers that pre-auth payment should not be used and to use an alternate method of payment.
Userlevel 2
rikkster wrote:

Pre-Auth has always taken one full billing cycle to take affect. This has never changed. The only thing that has changed is the registration of the credit card to an account which is now 3-5 business days.
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

When I set up pre-auth awhile back, my first bill payment came out right away so I think there's a bit of grey area there and I'm not the only one where this has happened.
Where can I find my account number? Whenever I call 611 it wants me to pay $5 and I do not have a previous bill to refer to. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kaelin Blanchard wrote:

Where can I find my account number? Whenever I call 611 it wants me to pay $5 and I do not have a...

Log into self serve > click on the person icon on top right > it will show you your account number If you call customer service for asking questions or to get technical support, they won't charge you.