Koodo Community
Solved

How to Enable Koodo Roaming? (HCMC, Vietnam)

• 27 July 2014
  • 1 reply

Hi! I'm in the biggest city in Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City (pop: 8M+), and when I pop back in my Koodo sim card to check my texts, I receive no service. I've done step 1 (not step 2, I don't want to enable data roaming) of this guide: http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/travelling I've an HSPA+ HTC One XL unlocked currently on Vinaphone 3G. It was on Metfone 3G (in Cambodia), and dTac 3G (Thailand). I've not yet been successfully able to roam on Koodo while outside of Canada (no text message welcoming me abroad to Koodo's roaming services) because I've had no signal with the Koodo sim. Anything else I've got to do?
icon

Best answer by Curtules 27 July 2014, 13:37

If you've already added the international roaming add-on then it's supposed to just work. But if it doesn't try serching for a network under network operators and select it manually. Data roaming won't be necessary if all you want to do is text.
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
If you've already added the international roaming add-on then it's supposed to just work. But if it doesn't try serching for a network under network operators and select it manually. Data roaming won't be necessary if all you want to do is text.