Koodo Community
Solved

How to block additional add-ons

Hi Koodo Community,

I've looked through a few posts, but didn't find the specific answer I was looking for.

I'm on hold to make the changes, and have been for 45 minutes. Hopefully someone can help me here 🙂

I pay for the phone, but another person uses it. He does not go over his data, but for 2 months, an add on has been charged. I think he is accepting the charge, not realizing that he has not gone over the limit, and that this is surely a precaution.

My question: can I block add-on offers from being sent to the phone? I would like to control add ons from the website only.

Thank you and have happy happy holidays! 🙂

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
At the moment, unfortunately, no. There are rumours of a change in this happening soon.

David wrote:

At the moment, unfortunately, no. There are rumours of a change in this happening soon.

Thank you for your response, my hold time is now 1h44m...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

Do you have shock free data plan? 
If so, he should have received a text from Koodo when it reached data limit and his data was paused.  Then he has option to reply "Yes" to add more data.  

There is no way to stop him replying to add more data (for now) unless you tell him that extra charge will be his responsible if it happen again.
OR, you can check his data usage through self serve and add "Data block" add-on $2/mo once it getting close to his limit so he won't be able to use extra data.

Hopefully those changes - account owner have choice to add more data or not - coming very soon. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

The easiest way to control usage and enforce responsibility currently is through prepaid, if the pricing works for the amount of calling and data currently being used.

There's no chance of going overboard. When the tank is empty, it has to be manually refilled.

David wrote:

Koodo has in place a child proof system where can stop the user from adding any additional data after using 100% of data on the plan. Make sure its is SFD type plan and request this change when calling CS. Free of charge as well