Koodo Community
Solved

How to add data addon in a Canada wide data plan

I have a $30 Canada Wide data plan with 200MB/month data. Can I get any additional data addon with my plan?

28 replies

Userlevel 2
You won't be able to. Any extra data you use, will be charged as overage at the rate of $5 per 250mb.
Myke wrote:

You won't be able to. Any extra data you use, will be charged as overage at the rate of $5 per 25...

Is it also applicable for the old plans like mine?
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

You won't be able to. Any extra data you use, will be charged as overage at the rate of $5 per 25...

Is what applicable? The overage rate? No, the overage rate is going to be dependent on the rate plan.
Myke wrote:

so then how can I know my overrange rate? because it is no more shown in the current koodo website.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Myke wrote:

When did you sign up for this plan?
Myke wrote:

Last December.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Myke wrote:

Overage on that plan was $0.02/MB
Myke wrote:

Very bad, that means I cannot add data addon and also cannot overrange in this rate!! So I have to change my cellphone operator. Sorry Koodo!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Myke wrote:

You do realize that if you use a full 1.2 GB of data, the total cost of the plan will be $50 with this overage rate and you only pay for the MB you actually use? Good luck finding many providers who will offer a better deal than that.
Userlevel 4
Myke wrote:

Why not just change the plan? I don't get why people jump to cancelling instead of investigating the plans the current provider offers...
Myke wrote:

Even though I will move to $40 plan I will not get more than 200MB, I have to go for $50 plan...which is $20 extra per month!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Myke wrote:

or you could stay on the current plan and instead of getting 300 MB for $20 a month you can just pay the overage and get 1 GB for the extra $20.
Myke wrote:

I had a plan that rolled over to the next month. Can't beat that. Then I bought this stupid phone with a contract. Yuk!! I cannot wait to get rid of it.
Myke wrote:

I pay way too much for the service I have. Thanks for confirming that paying the over use is better than paying a whole lot more for cell service. I pay $40 for 200MB by the way.
So my limit is 200MB, If I reached to 201MB, is Koodo automatically charge me $5?
Userlevel 2
Muhammad Ali Martuza wrote:

So my limit is 200MB, If I reached to 201MB, is Koodo automatically charge me $5?

Yes.

So I cannot pay for more data usage before the next billing period. I will just get billed for it.

I guess this is where Koodoo makes its money?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can switch to a plan with more data at any time. Keeping your current plan and simply paying the overage is usually cheaper unless you're going over by 1 GB or more.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yep, Barbara 🙂 BTW in future please check the date of a thread, this one was answered 9 months ago. If you have suggestions though, you'd be most welcome to start a new thread!

Yep, Sophia, the thread is 9 month old, but the situation is not yet changed. So I think there is nothing wrong to add comment to this thread.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok, glad you're not upset over it then, Muhammad 🙂
Yes, but this is where the site sent me to answer my question. You answered. My friend calls this"..incompetence". We accept incompetence when the people selling the service can make it better but don't. Such as the inability I have to pay for more data time because for some reason I have used up all my data at the beginning of the month, extra time dosn't roll over into the next month, and the data usage on my cell is definately not in sync with the Koodoo data useage. Incompetence. Barbara
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Barbara Kinsey wrote:

Yes, but this is where the site sent me to answer my question. You answered. My friend calls th...

Perhaps you should look up the definition of incompetence rather than relying on your friend. Incompetence refers to an inability to do one's job. Koodo's job is to provide cell phone services, charge customers for them at the rates the customers have previously agreed to and make money while doing so. Sounds to me like they are doing all 3. The fact that maybe prices could be lower does not make them incompetent any more than selling your house for full market value would make you incompetent.
Barbara Kinsey wrote:

Yes, but this is where the site sent me to answer my question. You answered. My friend calls th...

and your point is? and they could be doing a much better job of it too. Maybe your standards are too low. Or your expectations are low because you have not had other experience. I guess you work for Koodoo? …judging by your comments