Koodo Community
Solved

How on earth do you actually get to talk to a customer service rep? Digital assistant is blocking me.

• 26 August 2020
  • 10 replies

Does anyone know how to actually talk to a real person?  I try the stupid chat now function on the site and it takes me nowhere.  Then, I call their toll-free number, and it tells me to talk to the stupid digital assistant THEN HANGS UP ON ME.

Only been with the service for a month and I already want to cancel.

icon

Best answer by Ranjan Koodo 26 August 2020, 17:10

Canada-wide family calling would allow you to talk with any other subscribers on your account for free - but the benefit of that would be if you had a set amount of daytime minutes (i.e. 500 minutes for the day). In your case, this point is moot since you have unlimited Canada-wide calling to any number (I’ll share this with our web team, as I can see how it could be confusing).

Text and picture messaging is free internationally, as long as you’re in Canada.

Hope that helps, @j7almeida!

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The chatbot can set up a callback for you for things that need to be done by a rep. What’s your issue? I’ve had success with the chatbot in the past when I really needed to talk to an agent.

The chatbot wont even load.  I dont have any pop up blockers, I tried clicking on the link, nothing.  I tried opening the link in a new tab, nothing, just sends me to their home page.

If you are going to force someone to use this stupid assistant before you can talk to anyone, at least make sure it works.

I have a question about my plan and I need clarification, but cant even get started.

The chatbot can set up a callback for you for things that need to be done by a rep. What’s your issue? I’ve had success with the chatbot in the past when I really needed to talk to an agent.

The chatbot wont even load.  I dont have any pop up blockers, I tried clicking on the link, nothing.  I tried opening the link in a new tab, nothing, just sends me to their home page.

If you are going to force someone to use this stupid assistant before you can talk to anyone, at least make sure it works.

I have a question about my plan and I need clarification, but cant even get started.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just tested on multiple devices, @j7almeida and Koodo Assist appears to be working fine. Are you able to access other sites/apps without issue? It’s indeed odd, but regardless - can we help you here in the meantime? What clarification about your plan were you looking for?

I just got the above plan with the $0 5GB add on.  I just wanted some clarification on some of the items:

• What is the difference between Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes & Unlimited Canada-wide Family Calling?
  • Unlimited messaging (text & picture) - is this Canada-wide as well?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Canada-wide family calling would allow you to talk with any other subscribers on your account for free - but the benefit of that would be if you had a set amount of daytime minutes (i.e. 500 minutes for the day). In your case, this point is moot since you have unlimited Canada-wide calling to any number (I’ll share this with our web team, as I can see how it could be confusing).

Text and picture messaging is free internationally, as long as you’re in Canada.

Hope that helps, @j7almeida!

Hope that helps, @j7almeida!

Yes this answers it completely.  Thank you very much for your help.

My current plan has 500 minutes Canada wide talk but I’ve paid $85.00 and $135.00 the last two months for talk overage charges as I used my phone extensively while my mother was in hospital and subsequently passed away. Wondering how I might change to the current plan offering of unlimited Canada-wide calling. Let’s see if the chat-bot can figure that one out. 

I know it won’t load with the Brave browser. Had to use Microsoft Edge.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My current plan has 500 minutes Canada wide talk but I’ve paid $85.00 and $135.00 the last two months for talk overage charges as I used my phone extensively while my mother was in hospital and subsequently passed away. Wondering how I might change to the current plan offering of unlimited Canada-wide calling. Let’s see if the chat-bot can figure that one out. 

You can put an add-on for unlimited Canada-wide calling on your Self Serve account for $2/month.

I would also like to remind you this post is already 3 months old, so the author may not respond back. You can create a new post next time.