Koodo Community
Question

How do I solve this supposed "mismatch in my credit information"?

• 1 September 2019
  • 8 replies

I've tried twice in a couple of days to get the Samsung Galaxy S10e on a medium tab and twice I've received emails stating something to the effect of "there is information that you provided that does not match the info in your credit file", and they cancelled the orders both times. (I'm technically trying to be a new postpaid customer, but I am currently a prepaid customer.)

Anyway, the emails both say to contact either Transunion or Equifax about the mismatch. However I made an Equifax account and checked through my whole credit report and I don't see anything that is wrong.

How am I supposed to correct info that doesn't match if it all seems to match? I can't contact Transunion or Equifax about nothing, and the exact mismatching info isn't given to me by Koodo. What do I do?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi
Was the shipping address the same as the address of the credit card?
Hi

Yes it's exactly the same.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi
Yes it's exactly the same.

They might have different record of name / address if you changed it differently.

Anyway, you could also visit a Koodo 3rd party retail (bestbuy/walmart...) to get phone and sim. They are having a promotion to waive connection fee. They might have a better answer of what happened.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@1e3er Have you ever had a postpaid account with us before?
@1e3er Have you ever had a postpaid account with us before?

I didn't think this would matter since I assume that the system would tell me if I already had a postpaid account but about a year ago I accidentally purchased a postpaid SIM on the Koodo website when I was trying to get a prepaid SIM instead. When I realized that I had to go to a physical Koodo to get a prepaid SIM I did so and it was my understanding that they closed the postpaid account for me. Could this be a problem?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@1e3er It could be. If that account had any outstanding amount owed and never paid it may flag future attempts. Best if you send us a private message on Facebook and webcam look up your history.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@1e3er It could be. If that account had any outstanding amount owed and never paid it may flag future attempts. Best if you send us a private message on Facebook and webcam look up your history.
What are you implying here @Bernard Koodo 😆
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Robert T Auto spell challenges. No webcam.😀