Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How do I remove email from my phone? I don't want to use data on my phone.

I don't want to use data on my phone. How do I remove email a/c so I'm not getting charged for data.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
You should add a data block to your account, I believe you need to call in to Koodo and ask for it.
Userlevel 5
Chad Burr wrote:

You should add a data block to your account, I believe you need to call in to Koodo and ask for...

How can you say it's deleted, but it's still there, but it invisable? No app can delete a manufactures default app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Indeed, if you are worried about using data, email will probably be the least of your worries 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can delete the email account on the phone which will stop it from downloading emails both on cellular and Wi-Fi, however, email is not the only source of data consumption, so if you really don't want data costs, Chad Burr's suggestion will best address your wish not to use data.
Userlevel 2
Hey Lehan! Many options here 🙂 You can also easily turn on/off data in your phone settings. If you are currently using an Android phone, you will find more tips here: http://koo.do/1vbfpwZ. For an iPhone, please follow this link: http://koo.do/1FiMQmR. Hope this helps! ******************************************** If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Pierre wrote:

Hey Lehan! Many options here 🙂 You can also easily turn on/off data in your phone setting...

As Chad Burr said, get it blocked on your account period if that is what you really want to do, but it will also mean no picture messaging. Otherwise, if you have problems with your phone and you do a factory reset, data will be back on in a hurry unless you disable it again. If you have an android phone you can probably delete the icon on your home page, but not the application itself. Go into task manager, choose email and clear the cache and data. Ditto for gmail. If ever you change your mind, the changes are easily reversible.
Pierre wrote:

Hey Lehan! Many options here 🙂 You can also easily turn on/off data in your phone setting...

You should call to koodo and you can change your plan to 30 which is 100 minutes Canada wide and unlimited texting and you will get 34.99$ every month which is good plan no data charges
Userlevel 7
Pierre wrote:

For Dir, that plan has pay per use data access. Could get very expensive if data is accidentally turned on
Pierre wrote:

If you remove your email it doesn't mean you will not get data charges you have to change the plan to 30 which isn't included data in your plan you just have unlimited texting and 100 minutes Canada wide and free call inside Canada during weekend and after 5pm to 8am morning which is good plan for everyone who don't want data charges
Pierre wrote:

And you can download koodo self service app in iPhone or android or iPad to check how many minutes left and data or how many days left for your bill which is good t
Userlevel 7
Pierre wrote:

This plan includes access to data at 7.50mb

Pierre wrote:

For chad burr the lowest plan doesn't have data so it's good plan
Userlevel 7
Pierre wrote:

Fer Dir EVERY monthly plan koodo offers has access to pay per use data
Userlevel 6
I'm confused Lehan......you don't use data at all? Or you just don't want to pay for it? i.e. wi-fi is cool.
Userlevel 7
RudyW wrote:

I'm confused Lehan......you don't use data at all? Or you just don't want to pay for it? i.e. wi-...

I think it's quite obvious that he means data that he has to pay for. Gamifcation post at it's best lol