Koodo Community
Solved

How do I cancel my plan and koodo account

• 28 December 2020
  • 3 replies

I have already returned a koodo plan phone to the store where I bought and I also got the refund.

However, in my self-serve account,  the plan is still active. What should I do to cancel my plan and cancel this phone number.

icon

Best answer by Allan M 28 December 2020, 22:21

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You'll have to reach out to customer service if they didn't cancel it for you. You can schedule a callback with customer service at koodo.com/chat.

So do you mean that normally the third-agent like best buy would end my plan or account once I return their phone.  

Another question. I returned the phone very quick within 24 hours after I pay for the upfront fee. Do I still need to pay for the first bill OR any charges.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So do you mean that normally the third-agent like best buy would end my plan or account once I return their phone.  

Another question. I returned the phone very quick within 24 hours after I pay for the upfront fee. Do I still need to pay for the first bill OR any charges.

Proper practice is for the corporate koodo stores is to contact their support team to cancel the account after the refund is done on a new activation, yes. (Id assume this is the same for third party retailers but I'm not totally sure of their policies).

From Koodo:

"If your usage stays within the limits below, we’ll waive your first bill. If your usage exceeds any one of these limits, you can still return or exchange your phone but you’ll be responsible for your bill.

Reasonable usage:

• 30 minutes of talk time (local and/or long distance)
  • 50 text messages (incoming and outgoing)
  • 50 MB data"