Koodo Community

Community

How do I cancel Easy Roam?

I would like to cancel easy roam but I am in the USA.  Can I call *611 from the United States without charges?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you tried to log on into your selfserve and remove it from there? I believe it is possible to do it yourself.

Dinh wrote:

Have you tried to log on into your selfserve and remove it from there? I believe it is possible t...

I just noticed that.  I will give it a try.
Userlevel 4
Dinh wrote:

Have you tried to log on into your selfserve and remove it from there? I believe it is possible t...

Hi Babs,

If you will be able to do that successfully, remember to turn of data roaming immediately and possibly put your phone in airplane mode. If you don't do this you will be charged from that moment on pay per use charges if you stay in USA.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

If he/she choose, roaming service can still be used and will be charged by pay-per-use rate.
Dinh wrote:

Where on self-serve is the disable button?  I cannot find it. Even Koodo's own instructions do not mention how to turn off. Hmmm why is that?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

Login, click view rate plan, manage add-ons, then remove it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Babs
Did you want to use the pay per use rates?  

If not, there is no need to remove EasyRoam as long as you dont use data (data off), dont answer or make any calls, and do not send any texts
I have my data off. With EasyRoam on, I was charged two days for using nothing. It is a problem as I cannot turn off EasyRoam.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Steve Wong wrote:

I have my data off. With EasyRoam on, I was charged two days for using nothing. It is a problem a...

So you didn't send any texts or make or answer any calls? If so you may have had some data leakage and can contact Koodo to see if they can remove the charges for you.
Steve Wong wrote:

I have my data off. With EasyRoam on, I was charged two days for using nothing. It is a problem a...

My easy roam said it was active when I was on hotel Wi-Fi with roaming switched off but I think that was because I had turned off airplane mode . I'll see when I get my bill. I have tried to remove easy roam on self serve and it says I can't.