Koodo Community
Question

How do I become a preferred customer?

My wife keeps getting offered these great deals from Koodo. They are never offered to me and dont appear when I log into my account. I have been a customer for longer, have a more expensive bill, and have purchased phones through their tab.  Just trying to understand how my wife is considered worthy or everydeal under the sun and I am stuck with an antiquated plan and no good options to improve. Since you can never talk to anyone with koodo I’ll ask her before I just go with a new provider. I really can’t stand the way these companies arbitrarily treat their customers. I have been loyal for 10 years now you forcing me out the door. More of a vent then a question, so Ill refocus: 

Why is my wife offered great deals and I am offered nothing? (Do they think we wont figure it out?)

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Eh, you know how it is, and as it should be, women first :grin:

I’m only joking of course, there really doesn’t seem any logic in who Koodo favors for special offers and communication. What option was offered to her that you would like for your own plan? Have you tried contacting Koodo through Facebook or Twitter PM and ask if you can have that plan?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My wife keeps getting offered these great deals from Koodo. They are never offered to me and dont appear when I log into my account. I have been a customer for longer, have a more expensive bill, and have purchased phones through their tab.  Just trying to understand how my wife is considered worthy or everydeal under the sun and I am stuck with an antiquated plan and no good options to improve. Since you can never talk to anyone with koodo I’ll ask her before I just go with a new provider. I really can’t stand the way these companies arbitrarily treat their customers. I have been loyal for 10 years now you forcing me out the door. More of a vent then a question, so Ill refocus: 

Why is my wife offered great deals and I am offered nothing? (Do they think we wont figure it out?)

It is pretty much random. Since we are not Koodo employees, we are not even sure about the selection process for customers.

That said, I would suggest you to contact a Koodo rep and ask them if they can give you the deal. There are no guarantees you will get it, but it is worth a try. You can schedule a callback through Koodo Assist or send a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter.

Note that most of these deals require you to upgrade your phone, so make sure you do not have a current Tab and be prepared to choose a phone when asked by a rep. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I wouldnt say it's random, though it may seem like it. 

I think there is an algorithm that koodo does use to determine which customers might be offered certain promotions. We just don't know which variables and how much weight they hold.

One variable I do know if that a promo is more like if you don't have an existing tab. But this is not an absolutely variable to be offered or not offered a promo.

Are you looking for a promo plan or promo phone?