Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How do I add my family memberss # in my phone plan?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Christine. Do you want to add them to your account so you can have unlimited call with them?
Robert wrote:

Hello Christine. Do you want to add them to your account so you can have unlimited call with ...

Yes I want to call them unlimited. The guy at the kiosk said I could just add my family numbers and I could unlimited ly call. I just got the 30/no tab per month plan because of that
Robert wrote:

Hello Christine. Do you want to add them to your account so you can have unlimited call with ...

How do I add to call them any time? Is there an extra charge?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

There is a $20/ month unlimited anytime minute add-on, or you can change your plan to one with more minutes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Are you and your family member under your account?
Then you already have "Family calling"included.
Robert wrote:

No it's just my own account
Robert wrote:

I don't want to spend more than 30/40$ a month
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Then, follow Dfbutt's suggestion :) 
Robert wrote:

My family doesn't have koodo we all have our own accounts with diff companies
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

$20/mo "Unlimited Anytime Minutes" Add-on  give you unlimited calling to any Canadian number. It doesn't matter if your families are using different companies.

Your $30 plan includes 100 min + 100 MB.
If you don't need Data, then there is $40/mo Unlimited minutes/texts.

Robert wrote:

Okay I'll do that but how do I change over to 40/month
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Have you register for self serve?

How do I register for Self Serve?
http://help.koodomobile.com/self-serve/registering/how-do-i-register-for-self-serve

Log into self serve > View Rate Plan > Change my plan > Pick new plan you want and submit.

Before you switch your plan:
1) Make sure that you compare what you will get and what you will loose after you switched your plan. (Is it worth it?)

2) Check your Usage and see how many days left in your current billing cycle.
Also how many minutes you used.
If you can give us those numbers(if you want), then we can give you better suggestion  .

If you activate your account recently, then you will not able to change your plan.
You have to call in and change your plan if you still want, but it may cause minutes overage charge due to proration.
I highly recommend to change your plan when it reset (or says 0 days left/last day of your billing cycle) to avoid it
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo does not have a 'Favourite Numbers' option. If a number of plans (max 6) are held within one payment account, as parents might do with children, calls between those plans are free. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you want to add your family member under your account, you can do it if you are not under the spending limit program.
The easiest way is to go to the nearest Koodo store and buy a postpaid sim card and activate it under your account.  S/he will have her/his own plan and number.
Store rep will help you set it up 🙂