Koodo Community
Question

How come a rate plan available to me isn't available for my spouse on the same account?

• 20 October 2020
  • 8 replies

I saw someone post a deal considerably less than what I’m paying currently, so I thought I’d take a look at what “special offers” were available to me and my spouse. The only offer available to my spouse was a $20 more expensive plan. I was offered her exact plan for $5 cheaper than what she’s paying, and that is still far, far, far, worse than the plan I saw posted by that other user.

I tried to get some help with the virtual assistant - totally useless.

I tried calling in and speaking to a rep, after being informed my phone call would cost $10, they said “Good bye” and hung up. 

I can switch to Shaw for literally $0. I prefer Koodo’s service. But their customer service is… non existent I guess? 

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Are both lines the same vis a vis tab status, last plan change, last phone upgrade? 

Some promotional plans are available to some but not to others based on the above noted status and other considerations. Some are only available if you are willing to upgrade your phone.

You can always ask for a callback via  Koodo Chat www.koodomobile.com/chat  Type #helpss, and discuss your options with a koodo agent

“We're busier than usual right now, and unable to get you to a rep at this time. Please pick one of the options below to get instant answers to your questions.”

Any other suggestions? Next step will just be cancelling service.

Spouse’s tab is older than mine. I’ve switched plans while on the tab twice, spouse has never switched. 

I’m being offered a plan at $50/mo that she is currently paying $55/mo for. 

And my offer does not require a phone upgrade.

And I paid less up front for my phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What plan do you have? (What including and how much)

What type of deal did you see? Did they say how to get it? ( New activation and/or phone upgrade?)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Offers are highly personal. If you get a better offer elsewhere, there is absolutely nothing to stop you from going with them… especially if you can’t get through to Koodo.

My plan is $60 for 12Gb, unlimited call and text. Spouse’s plan is 4Gb, unlimited call and text for $55. 

I can get 4Gb, unlimited call and text for $50, without an upgrade, no new activation.

But I’m seeing much better deals than that out there as well. ($35/mo for 6Gb for instance)

Offers are highly personal. If you get a better offer elsewhere, there is absolutely nothing to stop you from going with them… especially if you can’t get through to Koodo.

I understand that, I was hoping there would be a Koodo rep on here since their phone and chat are essentially not working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I understand that, I was hoping there would be a Koodo rep on here since their phone and chat are essentially not working.

You may have better luck sending koodo a private message via facebook or twitter