Koodo Community
Solved

How can I be charged twice in a billing cycle for a monthy add-on?

• 12 January 2019
  • 5 replies

I have a billing cycle of the 7th to the 6th each month. On the 12th I purchased a 15$ for 10Gb addon. On the bill it displayed partial charge of $12.50 for the addon 15$ for 10Gb. Fine, makes sense (pro-rated I assume). But then I see a charge for Unlimted SMS & MMS $15.00. Which I did not purchase, as my plan has already Unlimted SMS & MMS. I called Cust. Service, he said this is an error and it is the fee for the 15$ for 10Gb addon. WWWHHHAAATTT!!. Why would I get an incorrectly labelled addon charge for a monthly service that, according to my bill (partial charge of $12.50 for addon 15$ for 10Gb addon) I was already charged for. So basically I am asking how a $15/month addon can cost $27.50 in total?

icon

Best answer by Dinh 12 January 2019, 03:34

hi,
Always check your Pdf bill if you had doubts about any billing issue. The PDF Bill should have all the detail, the page 3 (or 4) is a good place to look for.

From the snapshot, it is likely you were charged $12.5 for previous billing period (Dec 07 - Jan06) because you added the add-on in the middle of billing cycle.

The $40+$15 (add-on)+$15 (tab) is likely for next billing cycle Jan 7 to Feb 06. = $70

I think your January pdf bill should have the detail.
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi,
Always check your Pdf bill if you had doubts about any billing issue. The PDF Bill should have all the detail, the page 3 (or 4) is a good place to look for.

From the snapshot, it is likely you were charged $12.5 for previous billing period (Dec 07 - Jan06) because you added the add-on in the middle of billing cycle.

The $40+$15 (add-on)+$15 (tab) is likely for next billing cycle Jan 7 to Feb 06. = $70

hi,

From the snapshot, it is likely you were charged $12.5 for previous billing period.

Thanks, I'll check that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
"Unlimited SMS and MMS" and "Addons" are 2 separate entities.
It should be read as:
  • Tab Charge
  • $40 5GB Unltd min Plan w/Additional Data $7/100MB SFD, SFD 5GB, Unltd SMS and MMS
  • Add-ons
Like Dinh said, you are paying $12.50 for the prorated portion of your new add-on, and $15 for the next month in advance as you always pay for your next month in advance.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@eLamented I think i know what's going on. You are looking at your online bill breakdown. Somehow the add-on got labelled as Unlimited SMS and MMS. But, this is really your regular data add on for the months. The $12.50 is, as you said a prorated amount of the same add-on for the prior month. If you download the pdf version of your bill, you will see everything correctly labelled. Thanks for the feedback!
Great Consensus all! I'll consider this answered. Thanks to all.