Koodo Community

Community

How about roadside assistance add on?

Userlevel 2
All the other providers have roadside assistance... why not koodo?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What would roadside assistance do when you are using a cellphone. Elaborate a little more please!
Userlevel 2
Robert wrote:

What would roadside assistance do when you are using a cellphone. Elaborate a little more please!

It's like bcaa.. cell providers have this and it comes in handy when you lock your keys in your car or run out of gas or need to get towed to a mechanic... etc. It has nothing to do with the phone itself... it's just something what other providers have for an add on.... and it's cheap. They usually only charge $5 a month. That's half the cost of bcaa. I guess you could say that since it is a mobile, and most everyone that drives has a mobile phone...and some of them use a service like that because they travel a lot and can use it when they need it (up to 5 times a year, Max $50 per time), if they break down.. and some providers have it as an add on because they can make money off of it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Why would you expect a bargain cellphone carrier to provide non-essential add-ons which are totally outside their market?
Userlevel 2
David wrote:

Why would you expect a bargain cellphone carrier to provide non-essential add-ons which are total...

If other providers make money off of it... why wouldn't Koodo? They wouldn't have it if they didn't make money off of it.
Userlevel 7
If by "all the other providers" you mean Rogers and Bell then sure. It would be a cool add on but who's going to pay for the services? We don't need to give a Telco even more of an excuse to raise prices.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

If by "all the other providers" you mean Rogers and Bell then sure. It would be a cool add on ...

Telus also offered it too. Not sure if they still do but they did. So that means all 3 big 3 offered it at one point or another.
Userlevel 2
Jonathan I wrote:

If by "all the other providers" you mean Rogers and Bell then sure. It would be a cool add on ...

No raise in prices. Just the price of the add on. They make money off it... I'm sure.
Userlevel 7
I actually agree with this idea. It would be really nice. The yearly cost would end up being approx the same as a CAA membership so why not just add it to your phone billl?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

I actually agree with this idea. It would be really nice. The yearly cost would end up being appr...

Why not just have it become a government service and we can pay for it in our taxes? Let the folks (CAA) who are in the business and can provide the best service do so, rather than adding stuff on to unrelated business enterprises.
Userlevel 2
Ahmad wrote:

I actually agree with this idea. It would be really nice. The yearly cost would end up being appr...

It's cheaper than most insurance company roadside assistance plans Fido has it for $5 a month and so does Bell Mobility. $60 a year is not bad.
Ahmad wrote:

CAA has nothing to do with the government... Why do people keep thinking they're somehow teamed up? They're no more govt than the phone company is. It wouldn't be the phone company doing the towings, they partner with CAA and others to provide the service.