Koodo Community
Solved

How about it Koodo?? Make ALL the plans available across the country!

"We are in the process of moving back to Alberta at the end of May. The plans in Alberta really lack compared to Sask. Why is that? I need to be confident that I can take my plan anywhere I go and be able to change my number! C'mon Koodo - you HAVE the power to do this! I may have to start shopping around..."

icon

Best answer by Paul Deschamps 3 March 2019, 17:56

Been this way for ages on all Canadian carriers and Koodo has no plans to change it unfortunately. Best thing to do is to just keep an eye out for a great deal in your area to come up and jump on it when you see it because they don't last long but they do come up in every region every now and then .
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you start shopping around you'll realize it's the same reality. It's called regional competition and there's nothing that's gonna change that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Been this way for ages on all Canadian carriers and Koodo has no plans to change it unfortunately. Best thing to do is to just keep an eye out for a great deal in your area to come up and jump on it when you see it because they don't last long but they do come up in every region every now and then .
Badge +4

The plans in Alberta really lack compared to Sask. Why is that?

This link should help explain it.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/cellphone-wireless-competition-1.3784339
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Or just keep your SK plan and tell no one 🤫
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ah the veiled "i might g elsewhere" threat. You owe no corporations loyalty. You should always make sure that you're getting the best deal. Go look elsewhere and if there's something better, don't hesitate. But don't think for a moment that any other carriers don't do the same thing.
Badge +4
Ah the veiled "i might g elsewhere" threat.

Yes, always love it when they throw that in their question.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ah the veiled "i might g elsewhere" threat.Yes, always love it when they throw that in their question.

Like they always say : The Grass Is Always Greener on the Other Side of the Fence
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you insist on a "local" Alberta number, get one from a cheap or free VoIP service then have those calls forwarded to your existing phone. Don't do anything to your cell phone billing profile. You'll probably be fine till your current method of payment expires or needs verification.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You'll probably be fine till your current method of payment expires or needs verification.

Or until you wish to purchase a new phone through Koodo.

Alternately, you could just be satisfied you were able to obtain services at the lower price while you could. Many have not had the option.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Maybe have a look at Public Mobile. Price is the same no matter what province.