Koodo Community
Question

Horrible first impression

I tried 6 times using 2 different computers and 2 different browsers to setup a new Koodo account.

It would not work

I have now phoned customer service where the message said a 13 to 20 minute wait.

I have now been on hold for 73 minutes.

Disgraceful

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo doesn't have an on hold any longer. What number did you call?

Also, what issues are you having with setting up an account? What plan do you have?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you received the e-mail from Koodo letting you set up your account?

After 73 minutes their csr answered.

Then she put me on hold for a couple of more minutes 

Her reply was that she checked with the web site people and even though the website shows Amex as a form of payment, they do not accept Amex and to use a different card.

What a complete waste of time.

Koodo doesn't have an on hold any longer. What number did you call?

Also, what issues are you having with setting up an account? What plan do you have?

Yes they do, it just isn't listed on the website

I found it with a simple google search

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

After 73 minutes their csr answered.

Then she put me on hold for a couple of more minutes 

Her reply was that she checked with the web site people and even though the website shows Amex as a form of payment, they do not accept Amex and to use a different card.

What a complete waste of time.

Sorry if you weren’t able to complete your purchase. Did you try using another card?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you would have posted your original question in more details we could have helped answer your question with the need to wait on hold.

Aside from this, were you able to “setup your new account”?

No desire to setup an account now.

If I wanted to just use a forum to utilize self serve, why would I leave public mobility.

And asking if I just used a new card ignores the fact that

A) the website has a form of payment on their menu that they do not accept.

B) when it doesn't accept the payment its message is so generic that it doesnt tell you the issue.

C) 73 minutes on hold is simply bs 

I recieved much better help from the csr at public mobility a few months ago when I changed over to them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

All that agony... When the solution is staring you in the face 😏

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No desire to setup an account now.

If I wanted to just use a forum to utilize self serve, why would I leave public mobility.

And asking if I just used a new card ignores the fact that

A) the website has a form of payment on their menu that they do not accept.

B) when it doesn't accept the payment its message is so generic that it doesnt tell you the issue.

C) 73 minutes on hold is simply bs 

I recieved much better help from the csr at public mobility a few months ago when I changed over to them.

Sorry It is very confusing what you were trying to do and I misunderstood when you said “setup a new account”

Dude how are we suppose to know you are with Public?  And I dont understand what you mean about utilizing self serve regarding the forum.

1. I dont understand this if you are not a Koodo customer
  2. Fair point.  
  3. This is why Koodo got rid of calling in and implemented a callback system.  Your simple google search to call in just caused you to wait on hold necessarily.  

Public is decent.  I dont know why you would want to leave them

Public is decent but 5gb at 3g speeds for $40 was not as good a deal as 9gb for $50.

And it seems that some of you are confused.

If you do not understand why there would be.an issue with a company showing a form of payment on their website 

Take all the information for that form of payment, and then give you a message that your billing information does not match.

The solution would be, to not include that payment option on your menu, if you dont accept it OR at least at the end state that they dont take that form of payment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Public is decent but 5gb at 3g speeds for $40 was not as good a deal as 9gb for $50.

And it seems that some of you are confused.

If you do not understand why there would be.an issue with a company showing a form of payment on their website 

Take all the information for that form of payment, and then give you a message that your billing information does not match.

The solution would be, to not include that payment option on your menu, if you dont accept it OR at least at the end state that they dont take that form of payment.

Ok that’s a bit clearer.  And the point regarding the credit card is entirely valid.

But since you have no desire to set up an account now, I wish you the best at Public or where ever you eventually end up.