Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Hi, as an international student, which documents do I have to provide to obtain a new phone plan? Thanks

I want to open a new account, does my passeport is enough to do so or do I have to provide other official documents and which one.

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi there to answer your question: Valid Driver's License Valid Passport: Canadian or Foreign Provincial ID: Must be government issued Work Visa Department of Defense ID Permanent Resident Card Native Indian Status card
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You'll need two pieces of ID, for example your passport and permanent residence card, divers licence etc 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there... You will need your passport and Landing papers... This will be enough to get your account opened... It is always recommended that you approach a Koodo shop directly...
Sophia wrote:

You'll need two pieces of ID, for example your passport and permanent residence card, divers lice...

Hey Sophia, so if I bring a study permit, my passeport and an international driving licence I'll be fine, right?
Userlevel 3
Sophia wrote:

You'll need two pieces of ID, for example your passport and permanent residence card, divers lice...

The drivers license has to be Canadian issued and Valid
Thanks guys for your help 🙂 FYI the passeport and a student ID was enough to open a new account!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Marie Pinot wrote:

Thanks guys for your help 🙂 FYI the passeport and a student ID was enough to open a new account!

Nice to hear that! Welcome to Canada and welcome to the Koodo family 🙂
i went to koodo shop but they said me that registering without insurance number is impossible. do you have any solution?
Userlevel 6
Jafar Khezri wrote:

i went to koodo shop but they said me that registering without insurance number is impossible. do...

You don't a social insurance number. 2 other pieces of is enough. Drivers licence etc.