Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Help me ditch koodo - please!!

I have some health issues that affect concentration, making certain types of tasks difficult. I need to find the absolute lowest cost option so i can get rid of koodo asap. I need access to live support in whatever service provider i have. No live support means i cant stay with them. I can't easily compare plans. I feel dumb but it's not my fault. I don't know what plan i have or how to change it... or to what... should i just go into one of their insane kiosks? I pay something like $67+tx per month... ends up around $80... and I am in NS. I want out of koodo and off the tab for this pos sg5neo. Such a bad phone. I tried to use the awful self service app. Not supported anymore. No word came out to me about that. No live support. The URL given when the app won't launch is WRONG... what kind of crap company gets their own URL wrong?? It comes up as koodo.com which is unsafe. I get to the real koodo page and i can't get live support even if i pay for it?!?!? Koodo was awesome but now it is garbage with customer service nonexistent. Too dumb and money hungry to know they're directing their own customers to a malware site. I was totally koodo loyal... but ZERO customer service is not what i signed up for.

12 replies

Userlevel 1
agree 5.00 for help over phone: 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
RODNEY2016 wrote:

agree 5.00 for help over phone: 

Koodo charges $10 for support when it can easily be done on self serve. If you are having a problem and you cant fix it yourself then you dont get charged.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Okay, the lowest priced plan Koodo offers is $30 on postpaid, $15 on prepaid. You can view and compare plans here: https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plan...
Koodo has support but it is over the phone, facebook, twitter, email, kiosk.
You can change your plan via selfserve, login, click view rate plan, change.
An email went out to users about the app being shutdown.
Here is the link to login to self serve: https://identity.koodomobile.com/as/a...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It might be a good idea to get some help from a good friend or family member to help with others if you have concentration problems. If the help options Koodo has aren't good enough for you then maybe Koodo isn't right for you after all. Koodo pushed self-serve where possible. If the cheapest plans available with Koodo aren't cheap enough or good enough and you need immediate live support, you might be better off going with the main brands of Bell or Telus or Rogers. You can contact them directly to port over your number and you'll get a final bill. Emails were sent about the impeding closure of the app. It's new to me it sends you to the wrong site but att he end of the day you can just go to koodomobile.com and you'll have the same optionz there and if might even be easier to use for you. Is there something wrong with going to a kiosk?
Userlevel 4
I might recommend chatr but only if you don't use data and use your phone for local or province wide calling. They have pretty decent live support. Don't have to pay extra for any call.

It is prepaid and unlimited in zone or Province Wide for a little bit more money.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Eastlink is also an option in Nova Scotia.
Userlevel 4
David wrote:

Anyone who posts on this forum may think that we know automatically which province and place they are residing in.

It could always be helpful to know that information before recommending anything.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

OP stated his province of residence.
Userlevel 4
David wrote:

I didn't notice that  paperbeagle  mentioned his province of residence.

My sincere apology for not reading carefully his post. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Indeed it sounds like we may not be the best match for you paperbeagle if you are not keen on online service. Thanks for your business and all the best in finding a suitable alternative.
Userlevel 2
Fido has great customer service
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
floridot wrote:

Fido has great customer service

Not according to the most recent annual complaint report by the regulator. Fido has made it into the top 5 carriers with the most complaints. 

Also, according to JD Powers' annual report that surveys Canadians, Fido is one of the least recommended brands. 

In any case, we live in a beautiful country, people have choices for most things and they can go with whoever they want. Or simply cut out cell phone service as one of the things they buy.