Koodo Community

Community

Solved

help?

Hi! Lately I have been noticing an issue with my phone where it isn't displaying the correct time. This happened while I was using the "Use Network Provided Time" option. I had to set the time manually but in apps like Facebook chat it is still displaying the incorrect time. My phone is a Nexus 4. Some other issues I've been noticing is my battery dying when it still has 5% left and also it has been lagging and getting really hot lately. I am wondering if someone could give me some advice on steps to take from here? Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Shawn,

When it comes to your date and time options do you have the Automatic Time Zone checked off under your date at time? Some times that can affect how it will display the time on your phone. I had some issues like this with my Nexus 4 initially. As far as battery is concerned, my phone dies really quickly once it gets under the 14% window it gives when it says the battery is low. What I'd suggest is to enable developer options in the settings menu if you haven't already. Once you go into that go to the very bottom and select Background Process Limit and select it for 'At most four processes' as this will keep certain programs from killing your battery faster. Keep in mind you have to reset it every time the phone gets shut off.
It was turned on when it was displaying the incorrect time. It was displaying it like I was in a completely different time zone. Its still doing it actually when I click the option back on. The only way for it to display the right time is via the manual option. Which is weird cause this just happened like 2 days ago after months of owning the phone . I appreciate your insight. Thanks for reaching out
Userlevel 7
Shawn Bellefeuille wrote:

It was turned on when it was displaying the incorrect time. It was displaying it like I was in a ...

When you select your time zone under the options manually it still displays the wrong time on your messages? I'm just trying to make sure that's what is going on exactly.

It was turned on when it was displaying the incorrect time. It was displaying it like I was in a ...

It displays the correct time there. But in some of my apps, Facebook chat for example it displays the incorrect time. My issue is that it started doing this altogether. If I'm receiving the network time it should be correct. I am beginning to think my phone may be dying as the battery died today way faster than normal.
Userlevel 7

Have you tried powering the phone off by doing a hard reset? Not just holding the power button and pressing the 'power off' option, just press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds and the phone will power off completely. I had to do that to reset my email today as it wasn't receiving emails properly. If that still doesn't work, I'll look into something that can help with your issue.