Koodo Community

Community

Great work on bringing better Data rates

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

53 replies

Userlevel 2
Cool. I'm getting awesome LTE speeds as well with Koodo lately, averaging 45-50mb/s download and 15-20mb/s upload.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

Cool. I'm getting awesome LTE speeds as well with Koodo lately, averaging 45-50mb/s download and...

What phone is that on?
Userlevel 2
mattjs wrote:

Cool. I'm getting awesome LTE speeds as well with Koodo lately, averaging 45-50mb/s download and...

Z10 http://www.speedtest.net/result/2503659721.png
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

sweet, can't wait to get one.
Userlevel 2
mattjs wrote:

I'm sure you'll find it quite impressive 🙂
Userlevel 6
mattjs wrote:

Although I just received my N4 (literally days ago), I'm itching to try a BB10. I have never touched this platform before, and reading reviews is not helping me keep the cursor off the "Order Now" button... And that 356 PPI... wow!
Userlevel 2
mattjs wrote:

That N4 of yours is fantastic as well though.... Don't think you can really go wrong with either. Just depends on which platform/experience works best for you. Agree though, the screen is amazing. Hows the LTE speeds for you on N4?
Userlevel 6
mattjs wrote:

For sure! I did not intend to replace the N4 at all, I kinda like having multiple phones, just for the heck of it. And since I never tried a BlackBerry before, well, it's tempting! I still have an old SIM card which is not LTE compatible, I gotta grab one. And since I'm in Sherbrooke (QC), I'll have to see a coverage map to make sure my area is LTE.
Userlevel 6
mattjs wrote:

Well, it appears that Sherbrooke hasn't hopped on the LTE bandwagon yet (according to Telus' coverage map). Guess I'll have to wait some more time. Anyways, I'm not complaining about the speeds I'm getting right now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

What speeds are you getting on your N4?
Userlevel 6
mattjs wrote:

Will retest outside when I get home from work and will post results!
Userlevel 6
mattjs wrote:

Test results: 1) Using the Speedtest.Net app from Google Play 2) Using the Longueuil (ElectronicBox) server which is closest to me 3) Removed the proxy and port from my APN 4) Using a regular, non-LTE microSIM 5) Tests run on a LG Nexus 4 6) Did 3 tests in a row, noted best results from each run D/L: 9.35 Mbps U/L: 2.25 Mbps Ping: 159 ms Fast enough for what I use!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

As soon as you update the N4 to 4.2.2 you won't be able to get LTE anyways, they removed the ability to even find the option. The FCC I'm sure wasn't impressed when ppl started finding the option. Here's an article on it http://myandroidchief.com/android-4-2-2-update-for-nexus-4-wipes-out-unofficial-lte/
Userlevel 6
mattjs wrote:

Yeah, I had read about this, but frankly it doesn't bother me at all. I don't use the stock rom, and Sherbrooke isn't LTE yet anyway, so... 10 mbps on mobile is plenty fast for me, I'm not torrenting nationwide lol
Userlevel 1
mattjs wrote:

I am on the same boat as Topper. I live in the outskirts of Sudbury and we do not have LTE. That is the reason I went with the international version of the Note 2 that does not have LTE.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

I went with the international version of the Galaxy Note 2 also because LTE just takes too much battery right now plus we get updates months ahead of everybody who has carrier versions, In fact I'm in line for an update right now that I'm hoping is 4.2.1.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

Well just updated & unfortunately it was just another stability update not 4.2 😢 I posted a screen shot of the build below, Is that what tour running Don?
Userlevel 1
mattjs wrote:

Indeed, same thing here. From what I read, 4.2 will not be a big deal for us international users.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

why's that? Fully expandable notifications, customizable lock screens, photo sphere camera, I'm hoping full app use of split screen might come then also. I'm sure I'm missing other things right now also. I'm excited for all that
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

is that comic sans?...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No its called Rosemary, it's on the stock fonts for Samsung Galaxy Note II

Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

No its called Rosemary, it's on the stock fonts for Samsung Galaxy Note II [img]https://d1qy7qyu...

ah... i am rocking a PEPSI font right now... looks cool 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

No its called Rosemary, it's on the stock fonts for Samsung Galaxy Note II [img]https://d1qy7qyu...

cool,, post a screen shot of it if you can I'd love to see it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4