Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Got a text stating I had been charged $5 for a data top up that I did not request.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Joey - mind sharing your phone number so we can look into this with you? (I can mask the number once you post for privacy).
Ranjan wrote:

Hi Joey - mind sharing your phone number so we can look into this with you? (I can mask the numbe...

Sure. It's xxx-xxx-xxxx. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ranjan wrote:

Hi Joey - mind sharing your phone number so we can look into this with you? (I can mask the numbe...

Hi there - I see that you consumed all of your monthly data and received a notification that data was blocked this morning (10:03am). Shortly after (10:13am), additional data was purchased and your data was turned back on. Typically this is done by replying 'yes' to the data block message.
Ranjan wrote:

The problem is that I never replied to the blocked data text. It was read, and then another text received saying more data had been purchased. I don't know of another way to purchase extra data.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ranjan wrote:

Hey Joey - the only way to turn data back on once blocked is to reply to the notification text, or through the self-serve app/portal. If you'd like, send us a private message on Twitter or Facebook where we can validate your account details and dig deeper into this with you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Joey.

Maybe you went over your data and that charge was mandatory because you went over your allotted data usage.