Koodo Community
Solved

glorified ipod

• 11 September 2020
  • 6 replies

2 days ago, a small pop up appeared on my phone, saying an issue with my Simm. It disappeared, but then I noticed that, when I tried to turn my data on, the only option is ‘add cellular plan’. I have a plan. It’s in good standing. I have tonnes Of data left over. My SIM card is firmly inserted.

However, I have no data access and can’t call on the phone or receive calls. 
May plan just disappeared. 
I want to talk to a live person. How do you finally get to a live person?

icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 11 September 2020, 15:34

You can set up a callback via koodo assist at koodo.com/chat.  From the symptoms you've described, however, the phone is not detecting the sim card. Try the sim in a different phone if you can. If it works there, you'd probably be better served by calling apple support.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can set up a callback via koodo assist at koodo.com/chat.  From the symptoms you've described, however, the phone is not detecting the sim card. Try the sim in a different phone if you can. If it works there, you'd probably be better served by calling apple support.

Userlevel 7

These may be symptoms of fraudulent porting. Does your self serve account still show your account is active and displays your number? If in doubt, ask for a callback to discuss your situation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would suggest you check your selfserve also. If you were illegally  ported out, your selfserve would show that. 

Userlevel 7

If it was an illegal porting, time is of an essence. If you are late in notifying koodo porting department, they may not be able to reverse the porting. Ask for a call back and talk to the porting department as soon as you can.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If it was an illegal porting, time is of an essence. If you are late in notifying koodo porting department, they may not be able to reverse the porting. Ask for a call back and talk to the porting department as soon as you can.

They can't receive a callback on an inactive line. 

Thanks all. I couldn’t leave a call back request because my phone wouldn’t receive calls. It appears to be an issue with the sim. I went to a mobile shop and they were able to help. I couldn’t reach anyone live at Koodo, through a chat. I appreciate the responses!