Koodo Community
Solved

Getting Warranty error. ERROR CODE - 3001

• 9 November 2021
  • 21 replies

trying to upgrade my phone and keep getting error Getting Warranty error. ERROR CODE - 3001

icon

Best answer by Chris Koodo 23 November 2021, 14:48

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you trying to purchase an iPhone with Apple care+?

No Apple care. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It could be issue with the specific web browser and device. I recommend you try to use different browsers / devices and see if the problem follow. You could also try to clear cookies/cache in your browser, clear your cart, and try again.

Any updates on your situation?  I'm having the same issue and Koodo is looking into it for me. 

Hello, 

I am trying to purchase a certified pre-owned phone online, but upon checkout, I receive this message: 

Oops! Something went wrong.
Our systems aren't able to process your transaction at this time. Please try again later.

I tried to clear my cache/cookies, remove the item from my cart, and start over. Nothing seems to work. I wrote to Koodo, but the wait time is minimum two days.  Is there a way to speak to a rep directly to help resolve this issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello, 

I am trying to purchase a certified pre-owned phone online, but upon checkout, I receive this message: 

Oops! Something went wrong.
Our systems aren't able to process your transaction at this time. Please try again later.

I tried to clear my cache/cookies, remove the item from my cart, and start over. Nothing seems to work. I wrote to Koodo, but the wait time is minimum two days.  Is there a way to speak to a rep directly to help resolve this issue?

I'll flag this to a rep for you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey there, our web team is currently investigating the issue. It seems to be an intermittent problem that is being caused by our new “Device Care Complete” program. 

The problem is intermitted meaning that if you try again later it should work. Alternatively, you could use Koodo Assist and request a callback so someone could help you over the phone. 

Hey there, our web team is currently investigating the issue. It seems to be an intermittent problem that is being caused by our new “Device Care Complete” program. 

The problem is intermitted meaning that if you try again later it should work. Alternatively, you could use Koodo Assist and request a callback so someone could help you over the phone. 

Has this been resolved yet? I am still getting this error when trying to purchase a new phone. It’s been several days, I am sure Koodo is missing out on purchases because of this. I’ve been trying for several hours to buy a new phone (mine just fell and smashed in the parking lot lol).

Also wondering if this issue has been resolved.

I’ve been trying for 3 days to get a new phone and plan since I’m being gouged by my old plan. The phone I wanted originally is now sold out because of this issue. I tried different browsers on my computer, on my phone, on my gf’s phone and on her laptop and same issues came up.

I requested a callback and they said they can’t help me since they don’t even know what the problem is and said tough luck since I was looking at pre-owned phones. If I have to buy brand new phone because the one I need now is sold out and fork out that much money I’m leaving koodo. 

I’ve been trying for 3 days to get a new phone and plan since I’m being gouged by my old plan. The phone I wanted originally is now sold out because of this issue. I tried different browsers on my computer, on my phone, on my gf’s phone and on her laptop and same issues came up.

I requested a callback and they said they can’t help me since they don’t even know what the problem is and said tough luck since I was looking at pre-owned phones. If I have to buy brand new phone because the one I need now is sold out and fork out that much money I’m leaving koodo. 

Im going to a koodo store today to see what they can do, hopefully they have some phones in stock. Im wondering if the error code is anything to do with supply issues caused by the weather in BC?

Im going to a koodo store today to see what they can do, hopefully they have some phones in stock. Im wondering if the error code is anything to do with supply issues caused by the weather in BC?

the error message says “getting warranty error- 3001 so I think it’s some warranty glitch. I have thought of in store but the deals I need are only online so I’d end up having to buy a new phone there. I will probably go in store anyway and see if I could even use their computer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey there! Unfortunately, it’s taking a little longer than expected to resolve this intermittent issue.  For the time being, please schedule a callback using Koodo Assist. Our reps can assist with your upgrades over the phone :) 

I’m experiencing the same issue and I already talked to two representatives and both were unable to help me resolve the issue. Is there a follow up or solution to this issue? I’m trying to get an online only deal on a certified pre-owned phone.

Dear Chris from Koodo, please stop telling people to schedule a call back for your reps to assist with the upgrade over the phone. You should know that these certified pre-owned phones that are causing the ‘warranty error 3001’ are available only online and all of the reps will tell you that they can’t sell any of them. Sure, they will try and sell you a new phone for triple the price, but that doesn’t help those of us trying to get the phones advertised on your website. 

Please let us know when the problem is fixed so that all the certified pre-owned Iphones are available again. Thanks.

I've tried to order a certified pre owned iphone for a week now, talked to 5 CSR's who all give me different excuses. Finally talked to a manager from Telus yesterday who said he would look into it. We'll see what they say today. They need to honor the Black Friday deals and try to give us the phone we were trying to order I say. An error like this should be fixed in a day or two, not weeks, especially during a Black Friday deal.

Has anybody had any luck getting the error fixed yet? I was supposed to hear back from a CSR and a escalation manager from Telus. Haven't heard from either of them yet.

4 days with really no help all the same answers leading to nothing being solved. So annoying my phones broken and this deal was sweet but honestly I’m going to switch providers if I can’t get this phone Black Friday deals are other places .. this shouldn’t be so hard. 

Dear Chris from Koodo, please stop telling people to schedule a call back for your reps to assist with the upgrade over the phone. You should know that these certified pre-owned phones that are causing the ‘warranty error 3001’ are available only online and all of the reps will tell you that they can’t sell any of them. Sure, they will try and sell you a new phone for triple the price, but that doesn’t help those of us trying to get the phones advertised on your website. 

Please let us know when the problem is fixed so that all the certified pre-owned Iphones are available again. Thanks.

Also, i’ve been told by a rep to wait a few hours and then retry, it should work. Now, the certified pre-owned phone i wanted is sold out ?? Is this just a trick so we can’t get the black friday deals ? Just a fake price thing ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Also, i’ve been told by a rep to wait a few hours and then retry, it should work. Now, the certified pre-owned phone i wanted is sold out ?? Is this just a trick so we can’t get the black friday deals ? Just a fake price thing ?

Clearly it's not fake as a bunch of users on red flag deals have reported success

Talked to a CSR last night. She is going to get me a deal on a phone that she can order. So ridiculous that they can't order certified pre owned phones for exactly this situation. So yeah we miss out on all the deals and phones we want because literally nobody from customer service can order them for us.

yeah it's been two weeks now for me trying at least once a day to buy an certified pre-owned iphone. Callbacks never helped since they said the same bullshit of it being an online deal only and then trying to get out of the call. I think i’m done here, moving to another provider.