Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Getting data warnings but the website says i've only used 1/3 of my data

I got a text saying i was at 75% and now at 90% of my data used already. I also use a app to track my usage which also shows that is right, the problem being without asking my phone downloaded the 4.4 update which was almost 300mb, of my 500mb plan. Now oddly enough i checked on self serve to see if i could add more data, it is saying i have only used 137mb of my plan. So your website says one thing and the texts i get say another.... i am very confused

9 replies

Userlevel 1
Self Serve takes up to a day or two to update. There is a disclaimer there somewhere. Trust the texts.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The website can be out by up to 24 hrs. It doesn't update in real-time.
Userlevel 6
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

The website can be out by up to 24 hrs. It doesn't update in real-time.

With all due respect Timo it can't be that long.....the koodo app on my phone has a time stamp on when it was last checking for usage. It may not be real time but it has never been longer than 8hrs. More importantly the usage is always the same whether I look at the desktop or the koodo app on my phone. This leads me to belive they are using the same back end to get the info.
Userlevel 3
To add, when checking the site be sure to take note of the last updated time. also you might want to go into software update settings and limit the download to Wi-Fi
The warning I got was 7 days ago. The website doesn't take that long to update. I am not in a new billing period either. Is it possible the system update that downloaded didn't count towards my monthly use ??
Userlevel 3
Ryan Kittinger wrote:

The warning I got was 7 days ago. The website doesn't take that long to update. I am not in a new...

Had you changed your data plan in the last month or 2? last time I changed plans to increase data they were still sending alerts as if I had my old allotment of 500mb instead Bof the current 1G. Think it took about 2months to correct itself
Userlevel 1
If it downloaded over data you can bet it counted towards your usage.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Ryan, you could always give a call to Koodo. But if the text went through, then there are high chances the system isn't wrong!
Userlevel 5
Beware with certain Data Usage applications because I have one that would stop tracking every time I turned off my phone so it wasn't accurate a lot of the times. Self Serve is the best but it does take 1-2 days for it to update itself. The texts are directly from Koodo so I would trust them. Again, you can call *611 for Customer Care.