Koodo Community
Solved

Friends are being blocked?

• 7 August 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I’ve blocked some spam numbers lately (8)  and suddenly some of my friends can’t call me, they say I blocked them but I’ve checked and did not block any of my known contacts.  What can I do?

icon

Best answer by Goran 7 August 2021, 18:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

None of the numbers match up? You could try unblocking everything temporarily to see if they can suddenly contact you now. It's possible you blocked a series of numbers instead of just specific ones?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is it possible that they just don't understand what call control it is?

To people who don't know what it is the message could be confusing when they call. Just inform them that they need to listen to the message and press whatever number it says to press to be put through to you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How are you blocking numbers? 

Userlevel 1

I phoned one of my buddies who couldn’t call me a few days ago and I asked him to call me back and I received the call.

Userlevel 1

How are you blocking numbers? 

I used the call control, then the block callers option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I phoned one of my buddies who couldn’t call me a few days ago and I asked him to call me back and I received the call.

Then it might’ve only been an intermittend problem 

Userlevel 1

Then it might’ve only been an intermittend problem 

It may be.  This forum is awesome with quick answers and help, appreciate.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The problem might not necessary be caused by call control. Sometimes, the network had issue and incoming calls were not received. I experienced it myself on 2 different phones. Full 5 bar of signal but sometimes people complained that they couldn’t reach me.