Koodo Community

Community

Free voicemail

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't know why we should use airtime minutes for our voicemail. I used to like Fido's iPhone voicemail. So simple!

32 replies

Voicemail uses airtime because it counts as an actual call.
Userlevel 6
Marcus Fenix wrote:

611 doesn't use artime yet it's an actual call. It works both ways. 🙂
Marcus Fenix wrote:

611 is a little different in that regard.
Userlevel 4
Marcus Fenix wrote:

In its basic form, it's still a call 😛
Marcus Fenix wrote:

what is 611?
Marcus Fenix wrote:

The number you call on your cell phone to get ahold of your mobile provider.
Userlevel 4
Ha! I knew you would post it, Robert 😛 +1
Userlevel 6
How did the iphone work with fido Robert?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When you click on the voicemail in your phone app it gets you a list of the persons who left a voicemail + the time they called and the length of the voicemail. You can erase them with a simple swipe, fast-forward or rewind as you were listening to music. From Fido's site "Visual Voicemail is similar to an email inbox and displays messages for easy access" And I've just seen they charge 9$ extra or less if combined with other things. It would be a nice thing to offer smartphone users. Or at least not use airtime minutes
Robert wrote:

When you click on the voicemail in your phone app it gets you a list of the persons who left a vo...

And Koodo has stated that they are not bringing in Visual Voicemail.
Userlevel 6
Robert wrote:

When you click on the voicemail in your phone app it gets you a list of the persons who left a vo...

Well, I heard that they are actually working on making it happen. And some others did too. Can a koodo person pipe in?
Userlevel 1
Hey everyone! Visual voicemail is back on the list though I can't make any promises about timing or details.
Userlevel 5
Ashley wrote:

Hey everyone! Visual voicemail is back on the list though I can't make any promises about timing ...

Just saying, in FULL support of this coming in (even though I only get like 6 a year I'll pay for this feature :D)
Userlevel 6
It would be nice if we also get Mobile TV
Erwin wrote:

You really want Koodo to become expensive with their rate plans, don't you?
Userlevel 6
Erwin wrote:

uhm look at Virigin they are only a $5 add-on or you can even get Voicemail 25, Mobile TV, Visual Voicemail Bundle for $8. Who says their going to be included in the rate plan?
Erwin wrote:

Virgin isn't a discount mobile provider.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Erwin wrote:

This isn't the whole point of the discussion guys 😛 I'm curious about a thing though, what is the link between discount carrier and not being able to offer those service because Koodo is a discount carrier?
Userlevel 1
Erwin wrote:

I honestly don't see the use of mobile tv with youtube and netflix out there. Could you elaborate Erwin what channels are played in mobile tv ?
Userlevel 6
Erwin wrote:

I believe he refers to the fact that with other carriers who offer mobile TV, Bell for example, the data it uses doesn't add up to your monthly allowance. From their website: http://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Products/Mobile_TV "For $5, get 10 hours of Mobile TV usage per month. The data required for Mobile TV viewing on Bell's mobile and Wi-Fi networks is included and will not impact your data plan" That may be what he's referring too. You pay a fixed amount for fixed hours of viewing without any impact to your data plan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Love the idea of free voicemail calls but if it raises the prices of plans or anything else then I'm not interested in the slightest. Voice calls are so old school anyways lol
Userlevel 6
As mentioned in another post, you can always dial your own phone number, which will take you to voicemail but since you're dialing a number that is on your account (duh!), that call doesn't use up minutes. A workaround, but it works if you don't want to use your minutes.
Userlevel 1
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

As mentioned in another post, you can always dial your own phone number, which will take you to v...

BHell charges you minutes when you access your voice mail with this trick and they charge you when someone leaves you a message too.... I do not know if Koodo does this as well.
Userlevel 2

As mentioned in another post, you can always dial your own phone number, which will take you to v...

Hey Don, we do not charge our customers when they receive voicemail. The only time airtime minutes are used with Voicemail is if it's done during the day time hours. Waiting until the evening(depending on the rate plan) is the safest way to check your voicemail without using your airtime.
Userlevel 6

@Don: Really? Well, it's Bell after all, it had to be expected, lol! I'm not even sure Bell offers free calling between phones on a same account, I did not check. I'll try checking my voicemail by calling my own number on Monday just to see if it triggers the minutes counter.